The HURTT Family Health Clinic is a nonprofit health clinic that serves the needs of low-income families of Orange County, California. The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is looking to add a professional Family Medical Physician to our growing group clinic organization. The Family physician will provide primary medical care to all types of clinic patients ages infant through adults. The Family Physician will also provide direct and indirect clinical supervision and training of mid-level providers and provides support on complex medical care issues.
Some of the Job Duties are (but not limited to):
- Provide direct patient care for all clinic patients with scope of practice.
- Document all patient encounters thoroughly in the EMR system to meet standards of practice and all required UDS, CQMs and HEDIS measures within 24 hours.
- Identifies Quality Assurance issues and works with Clinic stakeholders to make corrective actions and necessary improvements including but not limited to directing quality improvement activities and serving as a Member of the Quality Assurance Committee.
- Required to maintain a flexible schedule which may include evenings and weekends, mobile outreach clinics and promotional or educational events.
- Provide oversight of employed and volunteer mid-level providers in a manner consistent with the State of California Laws and Regulations. This includes appropriate chart review while maintaining supervisory accessibility. Chart reviews to be documented.
- Provides on-going training for employed mid-level providers to increase their effectiveness and base of knowledge.
- Reports and responds to complaints regarding clinical care, resolving any complaint with expediency and in a professional manner in coordination with staff.
- Participates in the formulation of policies and procedures on all aspects of clinical care.
Minimum Requirements are (but not limited to):
- Successful completion of an accredited Medical Degree program.
- Board Certified in Family Practice Medicine.
- California Medical license current and in good standing.
- Active DEA and NPI number and in good standing.
- Admitting privileges at various Orange County hospitals is preferred.
- Experience: 2-4 years of successful family medicine experience.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural/racial/linguistic/socioeconomic environment.
- Bilingual ability (fluent) in Spanish or any other language is preferred but not required.
- Understand the psychosocial factors involved in administering health service for our needy or homeless patients while treating all people with dignity, respect and compassion at all times.
- Ability to diagnose and treat medical problems commonly experienced by homeless persons/underinsured.
- Recognize, asses, coordinate and quickly deliver patient care in urgent medical situations.
- Maintain a professional and respectful behavior and attitude while representing the HFHC.
- The ability to maintain professional and respectful communication of any form (verbal, digital, or written) to all people including patients, staff, visitors, volunteers, students, and interns in any situation while employed with HFHC.
- Ability to foster a safe environment for patients to feel comfortable enough to share private, pertinent information for effective treatment.
- Ability to instruct and counsel patients on health and related matters.
- Self-motivated and flexible within all areas of responsibility.
- Have a “detail-approach” to administration and organization.
- Basic computer skills (laptop, PC or Ipad) with proficiency in Microsoft Office Software (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer.)
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the low income and homeless community. To apply for this position, please submit your resume to the Human Resources Department and you will be required to complete an application before the interview process. To complete the application in advance, please take the link below “Apply Here” to our online employment portal. A PDF employment application is located on the main employment page to print and complete. You may submit any hard copy application by email, fax (714)566-6461or regular mail (attention Human Resources). This position is open until filled.