The HURTT Family Health Clinic is a Community Health Clinic Organization is a Federally Qualified Health Clinic (FQHC) and provides healthcare to the neediest of our Orange County, CA community members. The HFHC is looking to add Family Medical Physicians to our growing organization. This position will provide Family Health and Primary medical care to our clinic patients within an age range of babies to adult. The Family Physician will also provide direct and indirect clinical supervision and training of mid-level providers and provides support on complex medical care issues.
- Provide direct patient care for all clinic patients with scope of practice.
- Document all patient encounters thoroughly in the EMR system to meet standards of practice and all required UDS, CQMs and HEDIS measures within 24 hours.
- Provide oversight of employed and volunteer mid-level providers in a manner consistent with the State of California Laws and Regulations. This includes appropriate chart review while maintaining supervisory accessibility. Chart reviews to be documented.
- Provides on-going training for employed mid-level providers to increase their effectiveness and base of knowledge.
- Reports and responds to complaints regarding clinical care, resolving any complaint with expediency and in a professional manner in coordination with staff.
- Participates in the formulation of policies and procedures on all aspects of clinical care.
- Identifies Quality Assurance issues and works with Clinic stakeholders to make corrective actions and necessary improvements including but not limited to directing quality improvement activities and serving as a Member of the Quality Assurance Committee.
- Required to maintain a flexible schedule which may include evenings and weekends, mobile outreach clinics and promotional or educational events.
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
Minimum Requirements Qualifications:
- Education: Successful completion of an accredited Medical Degree program.
- Training: Completion of Family Medicine internship & residency.
- Licensing: California Physician license current and in good standing.
- DEA and NPI number, active and in good standing.
- Admitting privileges at various OC hospitals (strongly preferred)
- Experience: 2-4 years of successful family medicine experience.
- Maintains Physician License, and DEA License, NPI Number: submitting proof annually.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural/racial/linguistic/socioeconomic environment.
- Bilingual ability (fluent) in Spanish or any other language is preferred but not required.
- Understand the psychosocial factors involved in administering health service for our needy or homeless patients while treating all people with dignity, respect and compassion at all times.
- Ability to diagnose and treat medical problems commonly experienced by homeless persons/underinsured.
- Recognize, asses, coordinate and quickly deliver patient care in urgent medical situations.
- Maintain a professional and respectful behavior and attitude while representing this leadership role for HFHC.
- The ability to maintain professional and respectful communication of any form (verbal, digital, or written) to anyone (patients, staff, visitors, volunteers, students, interns) in any situation while employed with HFHC.
- Ability to foster a safe environment for patients to feel comfortable enough to share private, pertinent information for effective treatment.
- Ability to instruct and counsel patients on health and related matters.
- Self-motivated and flexible within all areas of responsibility.
- Have a “detail-approach” to administration and organization.
- Basic PC computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer.)
- Driver’s license in good standing with less than 2points.
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the low income and homeless community members of Orange County, CA. To officially apply for this position, please go to the HURTT Clinic Employment Portal by taking the link below “APPLY HERE” to complete a HURTT Clinic employment application. Please use a computer as mobile devices seem to have problems when applying. You may also request and submit an application be emailed to you or you may pick up an application to complete at our main HR office located at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application by email, fax (714)566-6461or regular mail (attention Human Resources). This position is open until filled.