The HURTT Family Health Clinic is a nonprofit health clinic that serves the needs of low-income families of Orange County, California. The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is looking to fill a full-time Family Nurse Practitioner position. This position will provide general medical care and treatment to patients in medical facility such as clinic, health center, or public health agency, under direction of Physician, by performing the following duties.
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of Physician.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs.
- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition.
- Discusses cases with Physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan.
- Submits health care plan and goals of individual patients for periodic review and evaluation by Physician.
- Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
- Refers patients to Physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
- Completes all required billing and coding documentation not later than 48 hours after encounter.
- Responsible for development and expansion of pediatric patient program to achieve grant objectives.
- Responsible for immunization program management and compliance.
- Performs routine health care within area of specialty using standardized procedures
- Rotate between Mobile Clinic and Hurtt Clinic
- Diagnoses and manages common acute problems as well as management of chronic stable condition
- Orders and interprets appropriate lab and diagnostic tests as needed
- Prescribes appropriate treatment including education, therapeutic, and pharmacological
- Provides patient and family education as appropriate
- Participates in provider meetings and peer reviews
- Works as a team member in identifying clinic needs and implementing changes as
- Serves clients with referrals including those needs beyond health
- Maintains a clean, safe and unobstructed workpl
- Networks within the Health Care Community to obtain resources for the
- May be assigned to oversee the work of Medical Assistants and Eligibility Workers
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Master’s degree in Nursing/Nurse Practitioner. An education equivalency request may be made to combine more related work experience, please ask.
- 4 -10 years of related/relevant work experience and/or training in Endocrinology and/or Diabetic Care/Pediatrics is strongly preferred.
- California Licensed Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) or Physician’s Assistant (PA) current and in good standing.
- Current DEA Furnishing license
- Current CPR/BLCS for Healthcare Providers certification required.
- Excellent communication abilities with comprehension, writing and speaking abilities. Bilingual in Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of EMR platforms, (eClinical Works preferred but not required)
- Experience working with Microsoft Software (Word, excel, Outlook, Explorer)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments and responsibilities to meet deadlines.
- Must have excellent customer service with the ability to work with patients in distress in an effective manner.
- The ability to foster a safe environment where people will feel comfortable to share private pertinent information for effective treatment and maintain patient confidentiality.
- Ability to participate collaboratively with multi-disciplinary care team.
- A strong desire to serve and work effectively with patients from diverse social, cultural and economic groups.
- Effective training and coaching skills; ability to drive results and achieve objectives through others.
- Demonstrate a “detailed-approach” to administration and organization with the ability to pro-actively problem solve.
- A professional and positive personality to visitors, patients and coworkers when speaking in person and on the telephone.
- Regular timely attendance and flexible to work occasional long hours and weekends if necessary.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 points.
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the homeless. To apply for this position you must complete a HFHC application. Please find the “apply here” link on this page to apply directly though our new employment portal. If you would like to fill out a hard copy application, please go to our main employment page to download the application. You may also obtain an application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. Please submit your hard copy application by mail (attention Human Resources), fax (714)566-6461 or hand delivered to our front desk. This position is open until filled