The HURTT Family Health Clinic is a nonprofit health clinic that serves the needs of low-income families of Orange County, California. The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is looking to fill a full-time Family Nurse Practitioner position. This position will provide general medical care and treatment to patients in medical facility such as clinic, health center, or public health agency, under direction of Physician, by performing the following duties.
Some of the Job Duties are (but not limited to):
- Performs routine health care within area of specialty using standardized procedures
- Rotate between Mobile Clinic and Hurtt Clinic
- Diagnoses and manages common acute problems as well as management of chronic stable condition
- Orders and interprets appropriate lab and diagnostic tests as needed
- Prescribes appropriate treatment including education, therapeutic, and pharmacological
- Provides patient and family education as appropriate
- Participates in provider meetings and peer reviews
- Works as a team member in identifying clinic needs and implementing changes as appropriate.
- Serves clients with referrals including those needs beyond health
- Maintains a clean, safe and unobstructed workpl
- Networks within the Health Care Community to obtain resources for the
- These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate
- May be assigned to oversee the work of Medical Assistants and Eligibility Workers
The FNP position requires:
- Master’s degree and 4-10 years related experience and/or training. An equivalency may be made for a combination of education and experience by request.
- Current California Licensed Family Nurse Practitioner(FNP)
- Current DEA Furnishing license
- BCLS certification
- Excellent comprehension, writing and speaking abilities (Bi-lingual in English/Spanish/other strongly preferred).
- Experience in Endocrinology and/or Diabetic Care is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, excel, Outlook.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments and responsibilities to meet deadlines.
- Must have the ability to problem solve in an efficient and productive manner.
- Must have excellent customer service with the ability to work with patients in distress in an effective manner.
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the homeless. To apply for this position YOU MUST COMPLETE AND APPLICATION. Please take the link “Apply Here” to complete the application on line. You may also pick up an application to complete at our main office located at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application by mail (attention Human Resources), through our website, emailed to [email protected].org or fax to (714)566-6461. This position is open until filled.
We are currently transitioning to our new applicant tracking system. During this time, please email your application to [email protected] or fax to 714-566-6461. Thank you!