The Orange County Rescue Mission has been serving the Least, the Last, and the Lost in our community for over 50 years. Our organization is funded solely by private donations and employment at the Orange County Rescue Mission is a unique opportunity to make a profound impact in your community, while fulfilling your calling to serve Jesus Christ. The Rescue Mission is seeking an experienced Facilities Operations Manager candidate to join the Operations team. The position is a full time working primarily during normal business hour/days, but will occasionally be needed after hours on weekends or holidays as events are scheduled for the Rescue Mission. This position will manage all activities related to global operations including warehousing, transportation, maintenance and facilities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors and staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess the current condition of electrical, air conditioning, plumbing, grounds and other essential facilities and equipment.
- Create a schedule of regular evaluations of facilities.
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures that affect the use of supplies and facilities.
- Ensure that proper training is provided to any employee/volunteer/student assigned to use equipment.
- Ensure that all equipment is running properly and all operators are trained on proper use and safety protocols.
- Create monitoring systems or programs to detect problems as early as possible.
- Initiate interventions to solve problems in the warehouse and facilities.
- Develop a system for cleaning, repair and maintenance of equipment and facilities.
- Develop a back-up or alternative system for common problems such as power/water outage/ shortage.
- Ensure the safety of the building or establishment from fire, flood and other hazard.
- Initiate an active campaign on safety measures in the building.
- Prepare pertinent records and reports and immediate corrective action to address any safety hazards.
- Hire, train and continuously assess the work of warehouse, grounds and maintenance staff to ensure competent and timely work output.
- Manage workflow, work requests and employee schedules to ensure that all work orders and projects are appropriately staffed and completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate records of the condition of the equipment and other systems
- Trains and ensures all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government, and customer policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ensure that the warehouse supervisor is maintaining the warehouse in a clean, organized and safe manner.
- Manages three subordinate supervisors/employees who supervise a total of two employees in the Warehouse/Driver, Landscaping/Janitorial and Maintenance / Facilities.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
- Directly supervises one non-supervisory employee.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, signed acknowledgment of the OCRM Statement of Faith.
- A. diploma with a minimum of 2yrs of successful Facility Operation management work experience. An exception for a H.S. diploma may be considered with more than 3 years of successful Facility Operation management, please ask.
- Good physical condition and be able to safely lift 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to interact with students, visitors and staff (at all levels) in person or over the phone in a professional, positive, flexible, proactive, resourceful, confidential and efficient manner in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize, follow procedure, make efficient decisions, analyze and solve problems, be detailed and organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer). Basic typing and knowledge of database entry for tracking records, reporting and maintenance is needed.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record), Class B driver’s license preferred but not required.
To apply for this position you must complete an application and the Statement of Faith. Please go to the OC Rescue Mission Employment portal www.rescuemission.org/employment. You may also obtain an application in person at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782 or by emailing [email protected] Please submit any hard copy applications in person to our front desk or by mail (attention Human Resources), by email or by fax (714)566-6461. Salary is contingent on experience and full benefits will be offered at the time of hire. This position is open until filled.