The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based nonprofit organization that assists people and families in need throughout Orange County, California. The Rescue Mission is seeking an experienced, highly organized and resourceful Executive Administrative Assistant to support the President of the Orange County Rescue Mission. This position is a significant resource and contact point needed by the President to organize and communicate with organization staff and donors while he meets with community leaders and local organizations to continue the growth of the Orange County Rescue Mission in providing as many programs as possible to a variety of people in need. The best candidate for this position is someone with the ability to work onsite Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm (with appropriate breaks). There will be occasional after hours work with Board of Director meetings and events that occur during the holiday season.
- Provide a daily dependable resource for information on presidential matters, heavy calendar management and communication of information to and on behalf of the Presidents office during business hours.
- Receives and processes all communication (high phone volume, email and mail) to the President’s office and distributes accordingly.
- Conduct research and analysis for a variety of reports, special projects and provides follow-up details and feedback as requested.
- Assists with preparation of presentation materials such as speeches, materials and information packets, annual report coordination including PowerPoint presentations and other special events as needed for the President.
- Provide a high level customer service to VIP community members, leaders and organizations with communication, occasionally VIP facility tours and preparing special mailings to build and maintain relationships in support of current and future Rescue Mission programs.
- Maintains a very detailed and organized filing system for efficient document storage and retrieval processes.
- Coordinate a variety of in-person, conference call or virtual meetings for the President with the public, internal departments within the organization, and the Board of Directors. Meeting coordination includes confirming attendees, location selection, food choices, set-up/tear-down, and occasionally take meeting minutes.
- Handle all presidential related expense reporting, purchase orders and credit account reconciliation for President and executive team.
- Write and deliver all presidential internal organization communication (letter and electronic) providing accurate and concise messages provided by the President.
- Work collaboratively with the Development Department to build and maintain stakeholder donors, supporter relationships to encourage positive public relations.
- Assist in occasional mentoring OC Rescue Mission program students with job related skill training.
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, attendance in a Bible believing church and a completed OC Rescue Mission employment application with a signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 3 years of successful executive level administrative support is preferred, but not required. Applicants may request an equivalency accommodation for the education requirement and will be strongly considered for an applicant with more than 4 years of successful executive administrative level work experience, especially in a related field such as nonprofit or ministry organizations. Please ask the recruiter for more details on this qualification.
- High level of communication skills in both verbal and written form, specifically business writing skills for individual communication or in publications.
- Previous experience in marketing, sales or organizational behavior are highly preferred in order to communicate or persuade people on behalf of President when necessary.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and stay on deadline.
- A professional demeanor to represent on behalf of the President at business conferences, meetings, and important business functions when needed.
- Possess intuitive abilities to observe and learn behaviors in order to proactively plan schedules according to President’s desired needs.
- Posses a solid understanding of meeting and basic event coordination.
- Posses a solid understanding of office management, including; basic accounting, filing systems, and office equipment.
- A pleasant personality to all people for managing high volume of telephone calls.
- Ability to maintain a positive, professional demeanor to all people at all times and situations while representing the Orange County Rescue Mission.
- Solid experience using Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet) and the ability to learn new communication equipment such as a radio/walkie-talkie or video cameras.
- A current and acceptable driving record in accordance with our insurance carrier (less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
- Ability to work onsite as an essential employee during community disasters as the OC Rescue Mission is an Essential Employer caring for students in a social services capacity.
To be considered for this position you must complete a Orange County Rescue Mission employment application and Statement of Faith. Please take the link below “Apply Here” to our online employment portal. A PDF version of the application is available on our main employment page and at our main office, 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your PDF or hard copy application in person, via email, by mail (attention Human Resources) or fax (714)566-6461. This position is open until filled.