The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based nonprofit organization that assists the homeless and needy of Orange County, California. The Rescue Mission is seeking an extremely organized individual with high energy and a proactive, professional attitude to fill the position of Executive Assistant to the President of the Orange County Rescue Mission.
This full-time position will provide “executive level” administrative support to the President of the Orange County Rescue Mission in a wide range of responsibilities, all of which require a high level of organizational skills, innovation and teamwork. This position performs master calendar management, travel and meeting arrangements, team events, office management, presentation organization, preparing reports and financial data, meeting minutes. In this role, you will also be handling information requests and performing administrative functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, providing VIP tours and arranging conference calls.
Some of the Job Duties are:
- Receives and processes all communication (high phone volume, email and mail) to the President’s office and distributes accordingly.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently.
- Conducts research and analysis for special projects and provides follow-up details and feedback as requested.
- Responsible for heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external clients as well as other executives to coordinate a variety of complex meetings.
- Arranges travel schedule and reservations for executive management including conferences and conventions as needed.
- Assists with preparation of presentation materials such as speeches, materials and information packets, annual report coordination including PowerPoint presentations and other special events as needed for the President.
- Prepares special VIP Mailings to cultivate relationships and build support for Rescue Mission programs.
- Maintains a very detailed and organized filing system for efficient document storage and retrieval processes.
- Coordinates meetings and teleconferences including location, food, set-up.
- Handles all monthly expense reporting, purchase orders and credit account reconciliation for President and executive team.
- Produces and coordinates internal communications, ensuring a concise and consistent message from the President.
- Working collaboratively with Development Department to build and maintain stakeholder donors, supporter relationships to encourage positive public relations.
- Handle confidential and highly sensitive information with confidentiality and utmost integrity.
- In addition, this role provides light administrative support to Executive Management Team and Board.
The minimum requirements for this position are:
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, attendance in a Bible believing church and signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred with a minimum of five years in successfully supporting a senior executive. (An equivalency accommodation for education may be requested with more specific related work experience, please contact Human Resources for more info.)
- Must have a high degree of business sense and communication skills to speak on behalf of
- Excellent organization and calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings.
- Must be able to carry him/herself well in business conferences and meetings, as may be required to represent the executive in important business functions and communications.
- Must be intuitive and extremely detail oriented to plan schedules and events tailored to executive staff.
- Master problem-solver with the ability to act confidently to make sound decisions independently
- Highly trustworthy when handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to work well in a high volume and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to think critically and quickly to problem solve as issues arise.
- Adaptable to various work styles yet maintains a level of pleasant assertiveness.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and guidance; must be a quick learner in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to multi-task and be highly organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- High-energy team player with a proactive, “can do” work ethic.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to write reports, social media verbiage, executive correspondence and emails.
- Experienced using and posting on social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Blogging sites.
- Candidates must have proficient computer skills, with expert skill level in all Microsoft Software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Adaptable to using different types of technology to improve work efficiency (2 way radio/walkie talkie)
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
To be considered for this position you must complete an OC Rescue Mission employment application and the Statement of Faith. Please take the “Apply Here” link to our Online Employment Portal. If you have problems with the portal, you may obtain a PDF application to download and print on the main employment page www.rescuemission.org/employment or pick up a copy at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your hard copy application by mail (attention Human Resources), through email or by fax (714)566-6461. This position is open until filled.