In Southern California, there are not many opportunities for experienced, high caliber professionals to work in a large, distinguished ministry. The Orange County Rescue Mission has been serving the Least, the Last, and the Lost in our community for over 50 years. Our $22 million budget is solely funded solely by private donations, which enables us to provide meaningful, Christ-centered service to those in need, unencumbered by government regulation or restrictions. Employment at the Orange County Rescue Mission is a unique opportunity to make a profound impact in your community, while fulfilling your calling to serve Jesus Christ.
The Orange County Rescue Mission is searching for an experienced Event Coordinator to plan, coordinate and successfully execute a minimum of 30 Orange County Rescue Mission fundraising and program events per year. The Event Coordinator will maintain existing relationships while building new relationships with event sponsors, funders and donors; and liaising with public relations on marketing opportunities. The Event Coordinator will also has be handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks and can demonstrate the ability to work independently and problem-solve with little or no supervision.
- Gather pertinent information to achieve quality events including but not limited to the following:
- Research, vet and secure event spaces, vendors and other needed resources
- Theme concepts
- Create and revise room layouts
- Create/update event budgets
- Arrange food and beverage
- Order supplies and ensure appropriate decor (florals, linens, color schemes, etc.)
- Track RSVPs.
- Lead communications and cross-functional collaboration with other teams for successful event execution including but not limited to: Timely reminders of upcoming events, Unique landing pages for registration and information, Onsite production, Staffing events with volunteers and/or students, Multi-media (video, music, marketing materials), Audiovisual, Press and public relations, Clean-up.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Prepare event plan, run of show, invitations, nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Close out all events as required including CRM data entry, pending transactions (sponsorships or invoices), reconciling expenses, gathering feedback from ministry team members, updating SOPs as needed, sending thank you notes/letters to sponsors, funders, volunteers, and vendors.
- Assist on events, projects, and/or activities as needed for the executive team and Development Department.
- Solicit, secure and coordinate GIK donations as related to events, and follow-through with acknowledging and receipting GIK donors.
- Responsible for scheduling and updating the Master Calendar for events including but not limited to:
- Fundraising, program and special events
- Program groups and classes
- Sponsored student birthday celebrations
- Performances and workshops with community partners (i.e. Segerstrom, Pacific Symphony, Art & Creativity for Healing, etc.)
- Case management groups
- Conference room reservations for Development
- Catering requests for the kitchen team (i.e. monthly QA meeting, annual MW meeting)
- Conceptualize new events and propose improvements to existing events.
- Solicits, secures, cultivates, and stewards new and existing sponsorships from donors, foundations and corporations.
- Works collaboratively with and in support of volunteers, development staff, and other ministry staff to execute both internal and external events.
- Arranges and conducts private/group tours of RM facilities when appropriate.
- Supports ministry leadership as needed
Duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s manager.
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, Christ-centered behavior (treating people with dignity, respect, compassion, and integrity at all times) and signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- Christ-centered behavior, i.e., treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity at all times.
- College or technical degree is strongly preferred with more than one year of work experience in a related industry such as nonprofit or ministry. An education equivalency for a HS diploma may be considered for a candidate with more than three years of specific work experience in content creation and coordination for nonprofit organizations or ministry related work.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is strongly preferred with more than one year of nonprofit or ministry related work or volunteer experience. An education equivalency may be considered for a candidate that has a HS or AA diploma when a candidate has more than 3 years of successful event coordination in nonprofit ministry, please ask the Talent Acquisition Manager.
- More than 2 years of successful Event Coordination work experience.
- Successful experience in working with vendors while planning events as well as developing corporate and community relationships with donors and volunteers, portraying a professional, pleasant and energetic personality.
- Available to work evenings, weekends and certain holidays as required.
- Self –motivated, able to take initiative, be proactive and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to act and think promptly and professionally.
- Excellent organizational, time management and administrative skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and legible handwriting.
- Ability to address conflict with staff, volunteers and donors, and be able to intercede and find reasonable solutions in order to maintain harmonious relations.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- Basic Typing ability of 40 wpm with proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Google docs, fundraising platforms (i.e. Run SignUp), digital communications platforms (i.e. MailChimp), and knowledge of CRM database software (i.e. Salesforce)
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
- Ability to use his/her personal vehicle for occasional local job-related travel. Employee must have valid vehicle insurance that meets the State of California’s minimum basic requirements. (Any work related travel mileage will be reimbursed).
TO APPLY for this position you must complete a Orange County Rescue Mission Employment Application and the Statement of Faith. Please take the link below “APPLY HERE” to the Orange County Rescue Mission online employment portal to complete the application and statement of Faith. A PDF version of the application is available for download on our main employment page and a hard copy application is available for at our main office location: 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. Please submit any hard copy applications via email, fax (714)566-6461, in person at our front desk, or by mail (attention Human Resources). Salary is contingent on experience and full benefits will be offered at the time of hire. This position is open until filled.