The HURTT Family Health Clinic is a nonprofit health clinic that serves the needs of low-income families of Orange County, California. The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is looking to fill a full-time Eligibility Access Specialist position. This position will provide eligibility and intake support services to ensure continued health care coverage and health access to children and adults.
Some of the Job Duties are (but not limited to):
- Determine patient eligibility for appropriate government sponsored programs.
- Verifies eligibility for medical insurance benefits for all clinic patients.
- Provides follow-up on all pending applications to ensure enrollment process is complete.
- Maintains a policies and procedures manual that includes a user’s guide for referrals, including physicians, in all specialty areas for children and adults.
- Assists directors and staff to collect data, track outcomes, and support strategic planning processes. Assists with developing, editing, producing and disseminating products and reports including: policies and procedures, public outreach materials, project reports and presentations and other project information and communication.
- Develop and maintain databases to support outreach activities including databases to collect information, survey results and other information to meet project needs.
- Maintains the privacy and security of protected health information, the confidentiality of all information and conducts all aspects of patient care in an ethical and professional manner in accordance with federal, state rules and regulations.
- Some front desk duties are required. Answering phones, making appointments, collecting copayments, creating and adjusting claims.
Eligibility Access Specialist Job Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent, Associate’s Degree or certificate in a related field preferred.
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Knowledge of eligibility requirements and application process of all government sponsored health insurance programs. One year of directly-related experience required, experience in medical/healthcare environment preferred.
- Compassionate behavior, i.e., treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity at all times. Position requires the ability to foster a safe environment where people will feel comfortable to share private pertinent information for effective treatment.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good written communication skills with legible handwriting skills.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record.) Position requires the ability to travel to work sites as required. May be required to provide eligibility access support within the clinic as well as assisting our mobile outreach clinics as needed.
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer) including the ability to utilize electronic medical records database and reporting functions.
- Regular timely attendance and professional behavior while on duty.
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the homeless. All applicants must complete an application. Please find the job application link on our website to complete the application. Return the application to Human Resources. You may also obtain a hard copy of the application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. Please submit your application via scanning and email [email protected], in person, postal mail (attention Human Resources) or via fax 714-566-6461. This position is open until filled.