The Orange County Rescue Mission has been serving the least, the last, and the lost in our community for over 50 years. Our nonprofit Christian organization is a unique opportunity to make a profound impact in your community, while fulfilling your calling to serve Jesus Christ. The Orange County Rescue Mission has many different types of programs to assist the many different needs of our community members. This position is located at our Double R Ranch in Silverado Canyon in Orange County.
The Orange County Rescue Mission is seeking an experienced program manager to run this men’s only program called the Double R Ranch (DRR) and to assist in managing the property, facility operations, food services, grounds keeping staff and maintain a case load of students in the program. This full time position will be required to live onsite a minimum of 4 nights a week along with the Case Management Staff and Men’s Program Students to ensure that the property is protected and students are meeting their goals.
- Responsible for all aspects of the management, operations and administration of the Double R Ranch facilities, residents, clients, staff, volunteers and programs.
- Meets and communicates regularly with direct supervisor regarding current program implementation, further program challenges, staff and facility updates, and budgetary issues.
- Oversees monthly collection and publication of all Double R Ranch statistics and reports.
- Coordinates with the Development Department student success stories from the Double R Ranch.
- Develops and implements Double R Ranch’s fiscal year goals in conjunction with direct supervisor.
- Oversees the daily operations and scheduling of the Double R Ranch Program staff and ensures ongoing professional development for all direct reports.
- Collaborates with other Orange County Rescue Mission Village of Hope departments to coordinate compassionate and consistent delivery of services e.g., Hurtt Family Health Clinic, Hope Family Housing, VOH etc.
- Works with the Admissions Manager and Admissions Department to facilitate student intakes and policies.
- Works cooperatively with Chief Operations Officer and all other program staff to ensure consistent program elements across all facilities.
- Ensures that all program staff completes required database entries for students and program services.
- Conducts weekly Case Management meetings to coordinate schedules, discuss programmatic and student related issues and provide consultation/ direction to Case Management staff.
- Oversees the maintenance of the facility through the Maintenance Manager, coordinates all facility maintenance issues at DRR, and ensures that all maintenance/repairs by outside vendors have been approved by CFO.
- Ensures that the food service operations meet all expectations, including operating within budget.
- Oversees contract service providers to ensure that husbandry programs are aligned with program goals and objectives.
Position is primarily first shift, however may require work beyond the normal hours and on weekends and or holidays, as typical operations run 24×7, 365 days a year. The position requires work in a busy, open area office where the Manager will spend long hours sitting and using office and computer equipment which requires attention to detail and high levels of accuracy. Occasionally this position may be required to walk the grounds and assist with physical lifting or assistance of maintenance. This position may also require some lifting of supplies and materials, bending, kneeling, loud noise, stair climbing, and variable climates from time to time.
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee’s skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, membership to a local Bible believing Church, completed and signed OCRM employment application and Statement of Faith.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Ministry from an accredited education institution.
- Minimum of 5 years successful work experience in a related field such as ministry, social work, addiction therapy.
- Minimum of 2 years managing or operating a group home program is strongly preferred. More specific related work experience may be accepted in lieu of the education requirement, please contact the HR department for any such request.
- Experience in program implementation, policy management, budget planning and control, staff supervision and training.
- Christ-centered behavior, i.e., treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity at all times
- Demonstrated skill in conflict resolution and de-escalation procedures.
- Demonstrated “detailed approach” to administration and organization with the ability to think promptly and professionally.
- Must be dependable, trustworthy and able to work effectively with minimal day to day supervision but communicate any issues or incidents to executive management immediately.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, positive and flexible to continuously work with a changing environment.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- Ability to interact with students, volunteers, visitors and staff (at all levels) in person or over the phone in a professional, positive, flexible, proactive, resourceful, confidential and efficient manner in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer). Basic typing and knowledge of database entry for tracking records, reporting and maintenance is needed.
- A valid California Driver’s License with acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 MVR points).
- Regular scheduled timely attendance on site at DRR.
- The Orange County Rescue Mission is considered an “Essential Employer” during community crisis/disasters/emergencies, therefor this employment is considered “essential” and you will be expected to show up and perform your essential job duties as designated by the organization.
To apply for this position you must complete an OCRM Employment Application and the Statement of Faith for consideration. Please take the OC Rescue Mission Online Employment Portal link “Apply Here” at the bottom of the page. Hard copy applications downloaded from our main employment page will be accepted (online employment portal process is preferred). Applicants with hard copy applications may submit via email to the HR office, postal mail or drop off at our main office front desk @ 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. Please address all hard copy applications to the Human Resources department, by email or by fax (714)566-6461. Salary is contingent on experience and full benefits will be offered at the time of hire. This position is open until filled.