In Southern California, there aren’t many opportunities for experienced, high caliber professionals to work in a large, distinguished ministry. The Orange County Rescue Mission has been serving the Least, the Last, and the Lost in our community for over 50 years. Our $22 million budget is funded solely by private donations, which enables us to provide meaningful, Christ-centered service to those in need, unencumbered by government regulation or restrictions. Employment at the Orange County Rescue Mission is a unique opportunity to make a profound impact in your community, while fulfilling your calling to serve Jesus Christ.
The Rescue Mission is seeking an experienced Donor Relations Manager to join the Donor Relations team. The position reports to the Director of Development and will solicit, cultivate, and builds donor relationships based on major gift strategy of building 1:1 relationships with the goal of moving donors to a higher level of engagement and an increase in major gifts year over year.
Some of the Job Duties are (but not limited to):
- Works closely with the Development Director and Development Manager in the management and fulfillment of a customized donor communications plan, including individual fundraising goals and personalized strategies, to effectively steward, educate, cultivate, and solicit gifts from major donors each fiscal year, with an emphasis on gifts of $1,000 accumulative for the year and higher.
- Qualifies a pool of on average 450 current donors to develop the Donor Relations Manager portfolio.
- Manages relations with a portfolio of on average 150 major donors, following the strategic plan that is specific to each donor and prospect, while always being responsive and attentive to each donor’s interests.
- Manages and maintains updated Salesforce CRM donor database records documenting all donor interactions including tracking correspondence, phone calls, in-person visits and gift acknowledgments.
- Accurately updates excel planning tool (MIC) with donor correspondence and notes, giving history, projections, and upcoming touch points to best manage and execute Donor Relations Manager strategies.
- Ensures prayerful attention to donors through accessibility to programs and leadership, timely responsiveness, quality in all interactions and personalized communications.
- Leads in 1:1 solicitation, gift acknowledgment and stewardship communication, traveling as necessary, establishing and maintaining excellent donor relations, providing written proposals to major gift prospects as needed, and including OCRM leadership as appropriate.
- Rescue Mission-driven toward goals and focused on their Donor Relations Manager portfolio, but makes effective use of volunteerism opportunities, events, and other initiatives to engage with assigned donors, to bring them closer to OCRM, and deepen their awareness of the impact of the programs especially in areas of their interests and passions.
- Rescue Mission employment application and a signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- A personal relationship with Jesus and a Bible believing church.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years successful working experience in major or planned gift fundraising preferably in a ministry or non-profit setting. More successful fundraising experience may be considered in lieu of the education requirement.
- Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Must be a highly energetic professional with a track record of building donor relationships and closing gifts.
- Knowledge of tax laws that impact charitable giving, personal assets and estates.
- Effectively articulate a case for support so that others take heart to our vision/mission/goals securing gifts at assigned donor giving levels.
- Proficient in Microsoft software along with database entry, reporting, and maintenance. Salesforce is preferred but not required.
- Willingness to work occasional non-traditional hours including weekends and evenings.
- Ability to address and quickly problem solve with staff, as well as donors, and be able to intercede and find reasonable solutions in order to maintain harmonious relations.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
To apply for this position you must complete a Rescue Mission employment application and the Statement of Faith. Please follow the link “Apply Here” to our online employment portal to complete the application.
You may also obtain a hard copy application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. Please submit any hard copy applications in person, by mail (attention Human Resources) or fax (714)566-6461. Salary is contingent on experience and full benefits will be offered at the time of hire. This position is open until filled.
We are currently transitioning to our new applicant tracking system. During this time, please email your application to [email protected] or fax to 714-566-6461. Thank you!