In Southern California, there aren’t many opportunities for experienced, high caliber professionals to work in a large, distinguished ministry. The Orange County Rescue Mission has been serving the Least, the Last, and the Lost in our community for over 50 years. Our $22 million budget is funded solely by private donations, which enables us to provide meaningful, Christ-centered service to those in need, unencumbered by government regulation or restrictions. Employment at the Orange County Rescue Mission is a unique opportunity to make a profound impact in your community, while fulfilling your calling to serve Jesus Christ.
The Rescue Mission is seeking an experienced Donor Relations Assistant to join the Donor Relations team. The position reports to the Donor Relations Administrator and will provides advanced and confidential administrative support to the Development Manager and Donor Relations team. The Donor Relations Assistant should experience in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks, and the ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
Some of the Job Duties are (but not limited to):
- Screen telephone calls for the Donor Relations department.
- Provide and sustain excellent customer relations.
- Provide superior customer service in accordance with the Company Driven to Excellence standards.
- Consistently practice the Meaning of Yes® and maintain the highest standards of professionalism when interacting with fellow team members, management, owners, members and prospects.
- Operate office machinery (i.e., computer, copy machine, fax machine).
- Prepare FedEx shipments for pick-up or delivery.
- Screen through donation check copies and distribute appropriately.
- Research donor giving history.
- Research donor connections and networks for referral purposes (use internet, etc.).
- Maintain Marketing Impact Charts for the Development Manager and Donor Relations team.
- Remind donor reps of touches required by the MIC.
- Prepare and send mailings at the donor reps’ direction.
- Handle all logistics with donor contacts including answering phone in donor reps’ absences.
- Create and maintain individual donor files.
- Secure internal and external resources for donor communication (news reports, internal memos, books, stories, etc.).
- Make sure receipts go out on time.
- Make sure “thank you’s” and information to donors go out on time.
- Keep and report activity statistics.
- Produce and update monthly reports.
- Provide analysis of donor giving.
- Assure integrity of donor financial data.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Manage and update donor rep calendars and assist with scheduling appointments as needed.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures such as word processing, managing files & records, designing forms and office procedures & terminology.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
This position requires:
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years of experience supporting administrative functions at the management level OR a High School diploma, GED or equivalent with five (5) years of experience supporting administrative functions at the management level.
- Experience in non-profit preferably working in the Development Department.
- Previous call center or customer service related experience, preferably in a timeshare or hotel/hospitality environment.
- Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing corporate and community relationships with a pleasant and energetic personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- Ability to address conflict with staff, as well as donors, and be able to intercede and find reasonable solutions in order to maintain harmonious relations.
- Community involvement, non-profit, and/or related industry experience.
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
Internet Explorer), database entry, reporting and maintenance. Working knowledge of volunteer database programs desired. Salesforce experience is a plus.
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings.
- Ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining professional, flexible, proactive, resourceful, confidential and efficient.
- Strong decision making ability, problem analysis and solving skills.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and legible handwriting
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
To apply for this position you must complete an application and the Statement of Faith. Please take the application link to the OC Rescue Mission Employment application. You may also obtain an application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. Please submit any hard copy applications in person, by mail (attention Human Resources) or fax (714)566-6461. Salary is contingent on experience and full benefits will be offered at the time of hire. This position is open until filled.