The Orange County Rescue Mission is a faith-based organization meeting the needs of the homeless and marginalized within our community. We are a Christian ministry serving those in need, providing food, shelter, clothing, and sharing the Gospel of hope and salvation through Jesus Christ. This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing team and become part of the dynamic development team.
We are seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to the Development Department part time at approximately 25 hours a week between Monday and Friday (8am-5pm). This position will support the Chief Development Officer, Development Director and the Donor Relations team with basic and moderate administrative duties while representing the development department in their daily duties. The perfect candidate will have understanding and experience working in an executive or high customer service related administrative experience donor relations team. The hours are Mon-Fri working 5 hours per day. This position is ideal for someone looking for part-time work that is challenging and rewarding.
- Customer Service, Reception duties for the Donor Relations department.
- Consistently practice the Meaning of Yes® and maintain the highest standards of professionalism when interacting with fellow team members, management, owners, members and prospects.
- Operate office machinery (i.e., computer, copy machine, fax machine).
- Provide preparation and mailings for the department including FedEx shipments.
- Screen through donation check copies and distribute appropriately.
- Research donor-giving history and donor connections and networks for referral purposes (use internet, etc.).
- Maintain Marketing Impact Charts for the Development Director and Donor Relations team.
- Remind donor reps of touches required by the MIC.
- Handle all logistics with donor contacts including answering phone in donor reps’ absences.
- Create and maintain individual donor files.
- Secure internal and external resources for donor communication (news reports, internal memos, books, stories, etc.).
- Keep and report activity statistics.
- Produce and update monthly reports, analysis of donor giving and assure integrity of donor financial data.
- Manage and update donor rep calendars and assist with scheduling appointments as needed.
- A personal relationship with Jesus, member of a Bible believing Church, good working knowledge of the Bible, completed and signed OCRM Employment Application and Statement of Faith.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 2-5 years of successful administrative work experience OR a High School diploma, GED or equivalent education with five (5) years of administrative work experience.
- Work experience in a development department (fundraising) for a nonprofit organization is preferred but not required.
- Christ-centered behavior (treating people with dignity, respect, compassion, and integrity at all times)
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures such as word processing, managing files & records, designing forms and office procedures & terminology.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings.
- Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing corporate and community relationships with a pleasant and energetic personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- Ability to address conflict with staff, as well as donors, and be able to intercede and find reasonable solutions in order to maintain harmonious relations.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- Good organizational and administrative skills.
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer), database entry, reporting and maintenance.
- Regular timely attendance on the job.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
- Regular timely attendance.
To apply for this position you must complete a Rescue Mission Employment Application and the Statement of Faith. Please take the link below “APPLY HERE” to the Orange County Rescue Mission online employment portal to complete the application and statement of Faith. A PDF version of the application is available for download on our main employment page and a hard copy application is available for at our main office location: 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. Please submit any hard copy applications via email, fax (714)566-6461, in person at our front desk, or by mail (attention Human Resources. This position is open until filled.