The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based nonprofit organization to assist the homeless and needy of Orange County, California. The Rescue Mission is partnering with Starbucks and Second Harvest to deliver unsold packaged food to designated locations to feed the hungry of Orange County. We are currently looking to fill vacancies working full time, part time (up to 28 hours per week) and an On-Call (when needed) in the graveyard shift of 9p.m. – 6a.m.
This position will drive to 15-30 donating stores per shift to pick up the fresh unsold food. This position is essential for getting these donations picked up in a timely manner to ensure its freshness to be re- purposed for people in need. The best candidate for this job will be someone who can manage their time wisely, move quickly, able to pick up boxes of up to 50 lbs, drive routes efficiently but safe and does not mind working alone at night.
Some of the Job Duties are:
- Maintain driving route to pick up and deliver items from different locations.
- Operates radio or similar device to communicate with staff, supervisor or other vehicle drivers to report disruption of service.
- Cleans and services vehicle with fuel, lubricants, and accessories.
- Maintains proper safety of vehicle, including regular safety checks.
- Immediately report to supervisor any vehicle safety, maintenance and hazard issues.
- Keeps records of trips.
This position requires:
- A personal relationship with Jesus and a signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- High School diploma with six months to one year related driving experience (minibus, van or lightweight utility truck) and/or training or any combination of education and work experience to make an equivalent.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license with an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record)
- Must have the physical ability to lift up to 50lbs repetitively.
- Supervisory experience over volunteers with the ability to hold individuals accountable for meeting goals and objectives is preferable.
- Knowledge of loading and unloading supplies/passengers efficiently while maintaining a secure environment while in transit.
- Must be dependable, trustworthy, accurate and detailed while handling all merchandise being pickup up and delivered.
- Able to give accurate and detailed information about routes, journey and miles traveled.
- Thorough understanding of motor vehicle engine functionality and service needs.
- A pleasant professional personality to demonstrate a high level of customer service to passengers and coworkers.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written), self-motivated, flexible with the ability to work as a team.
All applicants must complete an application and a Statement of Faith. You may also obtain a hard copy of the application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application in person, via mail (attention Human Resources), the OCRM website or via fax 714-566-6461. This position is open until filled.
We are currently transitioning to our new applicant tracking system. During this time, please email your application to [email protected] or fax to 714-566-6461. Thank you!