The HURTT Family Health Clinic is a nonprofit health clinic that serves the needs of low-income families of Orange County, California. The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is looking to fill a vacancy for a full-time Compliance Coordinator. Under the guidance of the Chief Operating Officer, this position is responsible for developing, establishing, and meeting programs’ compliance for the health center. The Compliance Coordinator is instrumental in developing and deploying integrative programs to support Hurtt’s Patient Centered Medical Home standards, productivity goals, and program requirements. The Compliance Coordinator is responsible for identifying and forming funds development and branding activities to support the health center’s strategic initiatives and is instrumental in carrying out and meeting established strategies to support Hurtt’s growth objectives. The Compliance Coordinator oversees all community partnerships and community outreach activities to support the mobile unit services and community networking. The Compliance Coordinator is responsible for coordinating provider/facility credentialing applications and billing protocols. The Compliance Coordinator is a member of the QA/QI committee and takes the lead with planning, carrying out, and evaluating the agency’s work plan. The Compliance Coordinator supervises the Care Navigators, and Billing Credentialing Coordinator.
Some of the Job Duties are:
- Implements the vision and strategic initiatives of Hurtt Family Health Clinic, as approved by the Chief Executive Officer.
- In collaboration with Clinic Managers, supports the administrative functions of all departments and program requirements to meet regulatory compliance.
- Conducts monthly patient satisfaction surveys and presents outcomes and trends to the Board of Directors.
- Leads patient engagement activities to enhance patients’ participation and continuum of care with high-risk populations.
- Takes the lead with all program and regulatory audits (i.e. HRSA, CalOptima, CHDP, VFC/A, FPAC, and CDP)
- Oversees the implementation and protocols of the Comprehensive Perinatal Service Program (CPSP) to support the integrated care model.
- Participates in the monthly QA/QI committee and manages the administrative functions to support the Medical Director.
- Participates in the development of the Patient Centered Medical Home policies and procedures and implements appropriate workflows to comply with program standards
- Evaluates effectiveness of current Health Care Medical Clinics by tracking grant and FY goals including the provision of feedback necessary to achieve the set outcomes.
- Works in collaboration with the CEO, COO, and CFO on potential growth opportunities to develop marketing plans, staffing schedules, budget forecasts, clinical policies and lines of business and then tracks the outcomes of these efforts.
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of the Billing Credentialing Coordinator, and Care Navigators.
- In collaboration with Clinic Managers, co-facilitates department meetings to promote communication, assess staff needs, establish policies and procedures, and foster a team-based environment.
- Assesses training needs, promotes developmental activities and provides staff in-services.
- Provides direct supervision to Care Navigators and oversees monthly department goals and objectives.
Coordination of Billing and Credentialing
- Oversees credentialing and processing of all volunteer and staffed professional personnel.
- Responsible for monthly reviews of the credentialing and licensing database to ensure that all licensed providers are in good standing.
- Takes the lead with all volunteers and onboarding processes and develops appropriate training materials.
- Acts as the liaison between the finance department and the billing agency. Participates in the monthly meetings to identify best billing practices. In collaboration with the Billing Credentialing Coordinator seeks opportunities for maximizing collections.
- Maintains and tracks all required licensing, permitting, and compliance for all Hurtt Clinic sites.
Outreach and Community Partnerships
- Coordinates all mobile medical and outreach events to support community partnerships.
- Coordinates the design and ordering of all promotional and marketing materials.
- Researches best practices of outcome measurements and applies its principles in the review and tracking of grants and clinic outputs.
- Manages website, including the development of blog posts, new staff biographies, and clinic facility profiles.
- Responsible for coordinating and carrying out of the weekly huddle communication to create an environment of trust and continuous improvement.
These are some of the job duties for this position. Job duties can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor as deemed necessary for the success of the clinic.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Associates Degree with a minimum of 3-5 yrs working experience in clinical health care management or in a like industry (community and/or FQHC experience preferred). An education equivalency may be made with more related work experience to the specific position and duties.
- Bilingual (Fluent conversationally and written) in Spanish with a basic knowledge of clinical coding and medical terminology is strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer) with working knowledge of EMR platforms, (eClinical Works preferred)
- A strong desire to serve the under and uninsured patient population of Orange County with the ability to foster a safe environment where people will feel comfortable to share private pertinent information for effective treatment.
- Strong, positive leadership and managerial skills with a “detail-approach” to administration and organization.
- Essential abilities include the ability to multitask, think critically, problem solve with a proactive approach and remain confidential with appropriate information.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2DMV points on driving record)
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the homeless. To apply for this position YOU MUST COMPLETE AND APPLICATION. You may also pick up an application to complete at our main office located at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application by mail (attention Human Resources), through our website or fax to (714)566-6461. This position is open until filled.
We are currently transitioning to our new applicant tracking system. During this time, please email your application to [email protected] or fax to 714-566-6461. Thank you!