The HURTT Family Health Clinic is a nonprofit health clinic that serves the needs of low-income families of Orange County, California. The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is looking for a full-time Clinical Manager to provide oversight of all clinical operations for multiple sites, including supervision of all front and back office medical, dental and behavioral health staff. This position performs a variety of patient care activities and accommodative services for assigned clinic patients, as directed by the Medical and Dental Directors in order to facilitate the delivery of prompt, quality care.
- Manages all day to day clinical administrative tasks necessary for successful operation of all clinics, including but not limited to staffing and/or patient issues, patient scheduling, supply ordering, vaccine controls and ordering, and staff meetings.
- Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary care team and support services, including Physicians, Medical Assistants, and others.
- Direct supervision of all MAs, DAs, interns, externs, and volunteer staff including but not limited to work schedules, evaluations, performance reviews, timecards, and new employee orientation and training.
- Works in collaboration with the Chief Healthcare Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Medical Director, Dental Director, Mental Wellness
- Oversight of clinical compliance program to include but not limited to monitoring and reporting on clinical documentation in EMR, telephone encounters, referrals, clinic flow, incoming faxes, patient cancellations, no-shows, and follow up.
- Assists in the interview and hiring process of all vacant positions.
- Coordinates background checks of all clinic volunteers and paid Medical Assistant personnel.
- Conducts routine audits of clinical documentation in EMR and performs periodic skills and competency reviews of all clinical staff.
- Maintains health care Clinical Policies and Procedures manuals. Initiates periodic review of all policies and procedures and presents proposed changes to COO and Medical Director.
- In conjunction with the COO, oversees clinical tracking and reporting for federal/state /local grants including but not limited to UDS, OSHPD, Prop 10 Commission, TSR, and Komen.
- Works in conjunction with Outreach and Engagement Manager on monthly calendar of events and staff schedules for those events.
- Become proficient in eClinical Works EMR database in order to run ad hoc reports and any necessary documentation needed for grant and outcomes reporting.
- Implements the vision and strategic initiatives of the Hurtt Family Health Clinic as directed by Administration and the Board of Directors.
- Review labs and assess priority in which they need to be seen by the provider.
- Review E-prescription requests and/or determine if the patient should be seen or labs completed prior to refill.
- Complete paper lab billing inquiries.
- Fill clinic ordered medications when a pharmacist is not available.
- Performs triage for all patients presenting to the clinic for urgent care and walk-in appointments and over the telephone.
- Provides direct patient care within scope of practice.
- Coordinates case management of critical patients utilizing “Population Management Reports”.
- Explains lab results, Diagnostic Imaging, other diagnostic test results to patients.
- Orders supplies to ensure Clinic is fully stocked.
- Serves as back-up coordinator to manage and order Vaccines from “Vaccine for Children’s Program” and “Vaccines for Adults” programs..
- Performs nursing tasks, demonstrating Clinical Competency.
- Knowledge of Prescription Assistance Program (PAP) and oversees MA completion of patient requests.
- Supports Provider productivity.
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
Job Skills & Requirements:
- Graduation from a California Accredited Registered Nurse program and California State Board RN License with CPR for Healthcare Providers certification is required.
- Bilingual in Spanish (written and verbal communication) required.
- Minimum of Two of successful working experience in clinical health care management or equivalent experience in a like industry. Knowledge of child, adolescent and adult health care issues and the ability to perform, clinic-based nursing tasks is essential to the performance of this job.
- Current Knowledge of community clinic operations, (FQHC experience preferred)
- Working knowledge of EMR platforms (eClinical Works preferred).
- A strong desire to serve the under and uninsured patient population of Orange County with the ability to foster a safe environment where patients will feel comfortable to share private pertinent information for effective treatment.
- Strong skills with a proactive approach in leadership, management, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer)
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2DMV points on driving record)
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the homeless. All applicants must complete an application. Please find the job application link on our website to complete the application. Return the application to Human Resources. You may also obtain a hard copy of the application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. Please submit your application via scanning and email [email protected], in person, postal mail (attention Human Resources) or via fax 714-566-6461. This position is open until filled.