The HURTT Family Health Clinic is a nonprofit health clinic that serves the needs of low-income families of Orange County, California. The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is looking to fill a vacancy for a full-time Clinic Administrator position. This position will direct and manage the clinical operations, mobile unit outreaches, Care Navigation department, and billing/coding staff for all Hurtt Family Health Clinic facilities. Participates in the QA/QI Committee and activities.
Some of the Job Duties are:
- Implements the vision and strategic initiatives of the Hurtt Family Health Clinic as approved by the Chief Healthcare Officer.
- Oversees credentialing and processing of all volunteer and paid medical personnel.
- Manages billing and coding procedures and best practices.
- Manages Care Navigators and oversees monthly department meetings.
- Handles all administrative tasks necessary for successful operation of all clinics.
- Manages the day to day operations of the clinic in collaboration with the Chief Healthcare Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Medical Director, Dental Director and Mental Wellness Director.
- Maintains and tracks all required licensing, permitting, and compliance for all Hurtt Clinic sites.
- Oversees tracking and reporting for federal/state /local grants including but not limited to UDS, OSHPD, Prop 10 Commission, TSR, and Komen.
- Maintains health care clinic Policies and Procedures manuals. Initiates periodic review of all policies and procedures.
- Evaluates effectiveness of current Health Care Medical Clinics by tracking grant and FY goals including the provision of feedback necessary to achieve the set outcomes.
- Coordinates all mobile medical and outreach events.
- Coordinates the design and ordering of all promotional and marketing materials.
- Research best practices of outcomes measurement and apply its principles in the review and tracking of grants and clinic output.
- Become proficient in E-Clinical EMR database in order to run ad hoc reports and any necessary documentation needed for grant and outcomes reporting.
- Prepares and submits regular reports on clinic utilization, staff productivity and services to leadership.
- Works in collaboration with the CFO and Chief Healthcare Officer on potential growth opportunities to develop marketing plans, staffing schedules, budget forecasts, clinical policies and lines of business and then tracks the outcomes of these efforts.
- Manages website, including the development of blog posts, new staff biographies, and clinic facility profiles.
These are some of the job duties for this position. Job duties can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor as deemed necessary for the success of the clinic.
The Clinic Adminstrator minimum requirements are:
- Associates Degree with a minimum of 3-5 yrs working experience in clinical health care management or in a like industry (community and/or FQHC experience preferred). An education equivalency may be made with more related work experience to the specific position and duties.
- Bilingual (Fluent conversationally and written) in Spanish with a basic knowledge of clinical coding and medical terminology is strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer) with working knowledge of EMR platforms, (eClinical Works preferred)
- A strong desire to serve the under and uninsured patient population of Orange County with the ability to foster a safe environment where people will feel comfortable to share private pertinent information for effective treatment.
- Strong, positive leadership and managerial skills with a “detail-approach” to administration and organization.
- Essential abilities include the ability to multitask, think critically, problem solve with a proactive approach and remain confidential with appropriate information.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2DMV points on driving record)
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the homeless. To apply for this position YOU MUST COMPLETE AND APPLICATION. Please take the link “Apply Here” to complete the application on line. You may also pick up an application to complete at our main office located at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application by mail (attention Human Resources), through our website, emailed to [email protected] or fax to (714)566-6461. This position is open until filled.