The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based nonprofit organization that assists the neediest community members of Orange County, California. The Village of Hope provides a safe place for adults in crisis or at-risk of homelessness to participate in a “Back to Work” program for adults in crisis or at-risk of homelessness. The program students live onsite sometimes with their their families while getting back on their feet through hard work and faith based counseling.
The Rescue Mission is looking to fill a new vacancy for a Full-time Case Manager. The Full Time Case Manager will work with our adult program students towards self-sufficiency through Biblical counseling of accountability, mentoring, instruction, and coordination of services. The Orange County Rescue Mission is a faith-based organization to assist the homeless population of Orange County, California.
Case Manager Job Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Assist students through biblical counsel, listening, prayer and in completing their Individualized Plan which may include resolving scheduling, relational, and programmatic conflicts, family reunification and parenting programs.
- Adhere to all program criteria and utilize electronic reporting system to track progress and plan deviations.
- Maintain up to date records and keep all student paperwork orderly and properly filed
- Protect student privacy and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Participate fully in implementing program changes and directives from management
- Assure quality and coordination of services, assess and monitor progress of individual students, challenges, record keeping, and chart audits
- Assist students to identify goals and implement a plan to achieve them.
- Help students to become aware of their gifts and talents and encourage them to grow in various areas.
- Teach new life skills and coping skills, so that students can replace bad behavior with good behavior.
- Hold weekly group meetings to help students overcome their life challenges with peer support.
- Be a Liaison to Trinity, Garden of Hope and Athletic Programs.
- Meets weekly with each assigned student to assess progress and provide case management counsel. 25 for Freshman / 30 for Juniors and Seniors
- Administer and approve passes and phone calls for students according to guidelines.
- Provide appropriate disciplinary actions up to and including dismissal from program as needed. Level I must obtain approval before disciplinary actions are handed down to students.
- Meet and communicate weekly with the direct supervisor regarding current implementation, further program refinements, staff and facility status, budgetary issues, and submission of monthly statistics
This position is planned for 40 hours/week, with a schedule that includes occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays. We realize that weekends and holidays hold occasional important events for families, therefore occasional schedule changes may be requested for approved to accommodate prescheduled events.
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, a member of a local Bible believing church and a signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as in a social work/counseling environment or within a ministry setting and 6 months of related work experience. An equivalency may be made with a combination of some education and more related work experience, please ask.
- Work experience sufficient to demonstrate the ability to hold students accountable for their Individual program goals and elements.
- Desire to work with men, women and children in crisis.
- Ability to discuss Biblical topics while relating to the student cases assigned.
- A pleasant personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- The ability to act and think promptly and professionally.
- Good verbal and written communication skills including good organizational and administrative skills.
- Self-motivated and flexible ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Hands-on computer knowledge, understanding and skill with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Internet Explorer. Working knowledge of Case Management database/software desired.
- Maintain First Aid, CPR, and AED certification.
- Maintain an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
TO APPLY: Please complete an Orange County Rescue Mission Employment Application and Statement of Faith through our online employment portal. This position is open until filled.