The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based organization to assist the homeless and needy of Orange County, California. The Rescue Mission is looking for a dedicated candidate to serve as the case manager for survivors of sex trafficking through Biblical counseling, comprehensive services and support. This position will ensure comprehensive social services are provided in a timely manner including but not limited to: referrals to medical, mental health dental, immigration/legal providers; access to appropriate benefits, housing, childcare, supportive counseling/socialization, literacy, criminal justice system victim advocates; family reunification and coordination with life skill mentors and interpreters.
Some of the Job Duties are:
- Conduct intakes to determine continuance of program enrollment based on established guidelines and requirements
- Provides direct case management regularly for all eligible survivors referred to the program and client assessment, as necessary; serves as an on-call worker for survivor identification and outreach.
- Provide and maintain a culturally sensitive case management in an environment that enhances a positive self-image and preserves human dignity.
- Meets regularly with survivor students to discuss and evaluate their progress to ensure that services delivered to clients using a safe client-centered, Biblical, strength-based approach.
- Assist survivors of human trafficking in obtaining allowed medical care, counseling, legal services and long-term housing.
- Assumes responsibility for accomplishing program goals, which include providing targeted and culturally-sensitive services to survivors, enhancing the ability of professionals in the community to respond appropriately, increasing community collaboration and coordination, and increasing the number of survivors identified and served in the area.
- Coordinates with key partnerships and core volunteers
- Ability to perform conflict resolution sessions as needed
- Maintain current and proper documentation of all case, services provided and ensures all partners follow proper procedure as well.
- Prepares and maintain case records and logs on any interactions with clients; ensures the accuracy and completeness of the same.
- Ensure timely development of protocols to guide the local response to cases of trafficking.
- Completes and submits progress reports and statistics/data entry in a timely manner.
- Consult the Anti-Trafficking program assistance to get additional information, feedback, and assistance with challenging or unusual participant situations.
- Facilitate group and individual counseling to trafficked persons using evidence-based practices, such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Seeking Safety, Trauma Resiliency Empowerment Model, etc.
- Refers clients to appropriate programs or other agencies based on clients’ needs and in accordance with their program plan.
- Maintain confidentiality of all records, reports and other materials relating to survivors of trafficking
- Completes discharge plans of clients exiting the program; transfers file contents to non-active file; prepares card for follow-up mailing
- Other related duties may be assigned at the needs of the organization or for the growth of the position.
- A Personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, Rescue Mission employment application, a signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith and a member of a local Bible-believing church.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as in a social work/counseling environment or within a ministry setting and a minimum of 1 year related work experience providing case management to trafficking survivors, victims of crime, domestic violence, immigrant communities or similar population is preferred. An equivalency may be made with a combination of minimum HS Diploma with more specific work related work experience in the noted areas above..
- Certifications as a Christian Association of Drug and Alcohol Counselor (CADAC) or Registered Addictions Specialist (RAS) certification are desired but not required for Level 1 Case Manager.
- Proficient in the practice of Crisis and Trauma Informed Care.
- Work experience sufficient to demonstrate the ability to hold students accountable for their Individual program goals and elements. Working knowledge of Case Management database/software desired.
- Desire to work with men, women and children in crisis.
- A pleasant personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- The ability to act and think promptly and professionally.
- Good verbal and written communication skills including good organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Self-motivated and flexible with the ability to work as a member of a team.
- Hands-on computer knowledge, understanding and skill with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Internet Explorer.
- Maintain First Aid, CPR, and AED certification.
- Maintain an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
- Regular timely attendance with the ability to work flexible hours when needed.
All applicants must complete a RESCUE miSSION eMPLOYMENT application and a Statement of Faith. For more information on the job duties, requirements or to apply, please visit the Orange County Rescue Mission’s Employment Site www.rescuemission.org/employment. You may download a hard copy of the application from the website and return in person or mail attention: OC Rescue Mission HR Office: 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may also submit your application via fax 714-566-6461. This position is open until filled.
We are currently transitioning to our new applicant tracking system. During this time, please email your application to [email protected] or fax to 714-566-6461. Thank you!