Salary is dependent on experience, full benefits will be offered.
The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based organization to assist the homeless and needy of Orange County, California. The Rescue Mission is looking for a full-time Case Manager at our Orange County location. This position will assist our program students towards self-sufficiency through accountability, mentoring, instruction, and coordination of services. This position will be scheduled for approximately 20 hours per week, working preferably Monday thru Weds 8am to 12pm and a required shift on Friday 12:30pm to 9pm.
Case Manager Job Duties are (but not limited to):
- Assist students through biblical counsel, listening, prayer and in completing their Individualized Plan which may include resolving scheduling, relational, and programmatic conflicts, family reunification and parenting programs.
- Adhere to all program criteria and utilize electronic reporting system to track progress and plan deviations.
- Maintain up to date records and keep all student paperwork orderly and properly filed
- Protect student privacy and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Participate fully in implementing program changes and directives from management
- Assure quality and coordination of services, assess and monitor progress of individual students, challenges, record keeping, and chart audits
- Assists students to identify goals and implement a plan to achieve them.
- Help students to become aware of their gifts and talents and encourage them to grow in various areas.
- Teach new life skills and coping skills, so that students can replace bad behavior with good behavior.
- Hold weekly group meetings to help students overcome their life challenges with peer support.
- Be a Liaison to Trinity, Garden of Hope and Athletic Programs.
- Meets weekly with each assigned student to assess progress and provide case management counsel. 25 for Freshman / 30 for Juniors and Seniors
- Administer and approve passes and phone calls for students according to guidelines.
- Provide appropriate disciplinary actions up to and including dismissal from program as needed. Level I must obtain approval before disciplinary actions are handed down to students.
- Meet and communicate weekly with the direct supervisor regarding current implementation, further program refinements, staff and facility status, budgetary issues, and submission of monthly statistics
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
Case Manager Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as in a social work/counseling environment or within a ministry setting and related work experience or a combination of education and work experience to make an equivalency.
- Work experience sufficient to demonstrate the ability to hold students accountable for their Individual program goals and elements. Working knowledge of Case Management database/software desired.
- Desire to work with men, women and children in crisis.
- Good working knowledge of the Bible with continued Ministry training while employed at the Rescue Mission.
- A pleasant personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- The ability to act and think promptly and professionally.
- Good verbal and written communication skills including good organizational and administrative skills.
- Self-motivated, flexible with the ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Hands-on computer knowledge, understanding and skill with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Internet Explorer.
- Maintain First Aid, CPR, and AED certification.
- Maintain an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
Position is primarily first shift, however may require work beyond the normal hours and on weekends/holidays, as typical operations runs 24×7. The applicant must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting children or heavy items (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking when necessary. The applicant must be able to work safely in an environment containing biological conditions which may be unhealthful or hazardous (such as bodily fluids and waste, germs, childhood diseases) if necessary.
All applicants must complete an application and a Statement of Faith. You may also obtain a hard copy of the application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application in person, via mail (attention Human Resources), the OCRM website or via fax 714-566-6461. This position is open until filled.
We are currently transitioning to our new applicant tracking system. During this time, please email your application to [email protected] or fax to 714-566-6461. Thank you!