The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based organization to assist the homeless and needy of Orange County, California. The Rescue Mission is looking for a full time Case Manager for our Veteran Services program at our Tustin, Orange County location. This position will assist veteran students through biblical counsel, listening, prayer and in completing their Individualized Plan which may include resolving scheduling, relational, and programmatic conflicts, family reunification and parenting programs.
Some of the Job Duties are:
- Assist veteran in accessing applicable veteran’s benefits that may include medical, dental, mental health, education, claims, legal, and discharge upgrades.
- Encourage and assist veterans in navigating post-traumatic stress, traumatic brain injury, and moral injury with a biblical and clinical approach.
- Adhere to all program criteria and utilize electronic reporting system to track progress and plan deviations.
- Maintain up to date records and keep all veteran student paperwork orderly and properly filed
- Protect veteran student privacy and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Participate fully in implementing program changes and directives from management
- Assure quality and coordination of services, assess and monitor progress of individual veteran students, challenges, record keeping, and chart audits
- Conduct screening and referral evaluation interviews with residential candidates including performing orientation appointments with new veteran students.
- Oversee veteran student intakes and exits.
- Meets weekly with each assigned veteran student to assess progress and provide case management counsel.
- Administer and approve passes and phone calls for veteran students according to guidelines.
- Provide appropriate disciplinary actions up to and including dismissal from program as needed.
- Meet and communicate weekly with the direct supervisor regarding current implementation, further program refinements, staff and facility status, budgetary issues, and submission of monthly statistics
Case Manager-Veteran Services position requires:
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- Veteran of the armed forces is required, Combat Veteran is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of military culture and barriers of transitioning veterans including post-traumatic stress, traumatic brain injury, and moral injury.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work/counseling environment or within a ministry setting and 3 or more years of case management/counseling with Veteran clientele. An education equivalency may be requested with more related work experience, training or certifications in counseling within a ministry setting in lieu of the Bachelor’s Degree requirement.
- Supervisory experience with the ability to hold veteran students accountable for their Individual program goals and elements.
- Working knowledge of Case Management database/software preferred but not required.
- Knowledge and experience working with men, women and children in crisis with the ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Good verbal and written communication skills including good organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to work as a team, be self-motivated, flexible and professional.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer)
- Maintain First Aid, CPR, and AED certification.
- Maintain an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
- Christ-centered behavior, i.e., treating people with dignity, respect, compassion, and integrity at all times.
- Maintain church membership in good standing status at a local Bible-believing church.
Position is primarily first shift (weekdays), however position may require work beyond the normal hours and on weekends/holidays, as typical operations runs 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting children or heavy items (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking. The Veteran Case Manager must be able to work safely in an environment containing biological conditions which may be unhealthful or hazardous (such as bodily fluids and waste, germs, childhood diseases).
ALL APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE A RESCUE MISSION EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION and a Statement of Faith. For more information on the job duties, requirements or to apply, please visit the Orange County Rescue Mission’s Employment Site www.rescuemission.org/employment. You may download a hard copy of the application from the website and return in person or mail attention: OC Rescue Mission HR Office: 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may also submit your application via fax 714-566-6461. This position is open until filled.
We are currently transitioning to our new applicant tracking system. During this time, please email your application to [email protected] or fax to 714-566-6461. Thank you!