The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based organization to assist the homeless and needy of Orange County, California. The Rescue Mission is growing quickly and therefore will be opening an ongoing Level 1 Case Manager recruitment. This position will fully assist our first year program students towards self-sufficiency through accountability, mentoring, instruction, and coordination of services.
Case Manager Job Duties are (but not limited to):
- Assist students through biblical counsel, listening, prayer and in completing their Individualized Plan which may include resolving scheduling, relational, and programmatic conflicts, family reunification and parenting programs.
- Adhere to all program criteria and utilize electronic reporting system to track progress and plan deviations.
- Maintain up to date records and keep all student paperwork orderly and properly filed.
- Protect student privacy and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Participate fully in implementing program changes and directives from management
- Assure quality and coordination of services, assess and monitor progress of individual students, challenges, record keeping, and chart audits
- Conduct screening and referral evaluation interviews with residential candidates including performing orientation appointments with new students.
- Oversee student intakes and exits.
- Meets weekly with each assigned student to assess progress and provide case management counsel.
- Administer and approve passes and phone calls for students according to guidelines.
- Provide appropriate disciplinary actions up to and including dismissal from program as needed.
- Meet and communicate weekly with the direct supervisor regarding current implementation, further program refinements, staff and facility status, budgetary issues, and submission of monthly statistics
- Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed workplace
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
Case Manager Job Requirements
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and experience in a related field such as in a social work/counseling environment or within a ministry setting.
- Supervisory experience with the ability to hold students accountable for their Individual program goals and elements.
- Working knowledge of Case Management database/software desired
- Knowledge and experience working with men, women and children in crisis.
- A pleasant personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- The ability to act and think promptly and professionally while maintaining confidentiality of information.
- Good verbal and written communication skills including good organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a team that is self-motivated and flexible.
- Hands-on computer knowledge, understanding and skill with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Internet Explorer.
- Maintain First Aid, CPR, and AED certification.
- Maintain an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
- Maintain membership in good standing status at a local Bible-believing church.
- Regular timely attendance.
Position is primarily first shift, however may require work beyond the normal hours and on weekends/holidays, as typical operations runs 24×7. The applicant must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting children or heavy items (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking when necessary. The applicant must be able to work safely in an environment containing biological conditions which may be unhealthful or hazardous (such as bodily fluids and waste, germs, childhood diseases) if necessary.
All applicants must complete an application and a Statement of Faith. You may also obtain a hard copy of the application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application in person, via mail (attention Human Resources), the OCRM website or via fax 714-566-6461. This position is open until filled.