Case Manager – Veteran Services
The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based organization to assist the homeless and needy of Orange County, California. The Rescue Mission is looking for a full time Case Manager for our Veteran Services program at our Tustin, Orange County location. This position will assist veteran students towards self-sufficiency through accountability, mentoring, instruction, and coordination of services.
Some of the Job Duties are:
- Assist veteran students through biblical counsel, listening, prayer and in completing their Individualized Plan which may include resolving scheduling, relational, and programmatic conflicts, family reunification and parenting programs.
- Assist veteran in accessing applicable veteran’s benefits that may include medical, dental, mental health, education, claims, legal, and discharge upgrades.
- Encourage and assist veterans in navigating post-traumatic stress, traumatic brain injury, and moral injury with a biblical and clinical approach.
- Adhere to all program criteria and utilize electronic reporting system to track progress and plan deviations.
- Maintain up to date records and keep all veteran student paperwork orderly and properly filed
- Protect veteran student privacy and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Participate fully in implementing program changes and directives from management
- Assure quality and coordination of services, assess and monitor progress of individual veteran students, challenges, record keeping, and chart audits
- Conduct screening and referral evaluation interviews with residential candidates including performing orientation appointments with new veteran students.
- Oversee veteran student intakes and exits.
- Meets weekly with each assigned veteran student to assess progress and provide case management counsel.
- Administer and approve passes and phone calls for veteran students according to guidelines.
- Provide appropriate disciplinary actions up to and including dismissal from program as needed.
- Meet and communicate weekly with the direct supervisor regarding current implementation, further program refinements, staff and facility status, budgetary issues, and submission of monthly statistics
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
Case Manager-Veteran Services position requires:
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, Church Membership, Christ-centered behavior (treating people with dignity, respect, compassion, and integrity at all times) and a signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- Veteran of the armed forces. Combat experience desired.
- Knowledge of military culture and barriers of transitioning veterans including post-traumatic stress, traumatic brain injury, and moral injury.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR combination of some education & working experience in a related field such as in a social work/counseling environment or ministry.
- Supervisory experience with the ability to hold veteran students accountable for their Individual program goals and elements.
- Working knowledge of Case Management database/software desired
- Knowledge and experience working with men, women and children in crisis.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidential information.
- Good verbal and written communication skills including good organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to work as a team, be self motivated, flexible and professional.
- Hands-on computer knowledge, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Explorer)
- Maintain First Aid, CPR, and AED certification.
- Maintain an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
Position is primarily first shift (weekdays), however may require work beyond the normal hours and on weekends/holidays, as typical operations runs 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting children or heavy items (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking. The Veteran Case Manager must be able to work safely in an environment containing biological conditions which may be unhealthful or hazardous (such as bodily fluids and waste, germs, childhood diseases).
All applicants must complete an application and a Statement of Faith. Please find the “apply here” link on thise page to take you to our employment portal. You may also obtain a hard copy of the application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application in person, via mail (attention Human Resources) or fax 714-566-6461. This position is open until filled.