The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based organization to assist the homeless and underserved of Orange County, California. The Rescue Mission is looking to hire professional full-time Career Center Manager to manage and direct operation of the Success Center’s Vocational Training and Resource Program for the purpose of meeting programmatic and contractual outcomes, program planning, implementation, evaluation, quality assurance and quality improvement. This position will work collaboratively as a member of the Case Management Team to improve the work-relevant attitudes behaviors and basic skills of students to enhance their ability to secure and maintain employment.
Job Duties (more may be assigned):
- Develop collaborative agreements with corporate entities for assistance in curriculum development, on the job training opportunities and competitive employment for the students.
- Counsels and advises students with respect to career, academic and vocational goals by assessing the vocational needs of individual students; developing and following individualized education plans; providing job readiness instruction, including employment counseling services; supervising work-based learning programs; and assisting in job development efforts.
- Encourages students to pursue a course of action, adopt specific values or develop goals, behaviors and attitudes; assessing student needs; developing employment plans; matching students with job opportunities based on skills, interest and experience; developing and recruiting new job opportunities with employers; helping students to develop skills in finding information on job openings, preparing resumes, completing employment applications and interviewing for job openings.
- Serves as a life skills coach for students; setting personal financial goals; establishing a financial budget for students and tracking progress to ensure that the students maintain control over their finances.
- Manages the successful development and implementation of a comprehensive Career Center, including strategic planning and day-to-day operations.
- Manages the successful delivery through utilization of technology for accessing data and implementing innovations developed to enhance student success.
- Regularly consults with Case Management staff regarding performance of students, interpretation of test results and educational and behavioral obstacles.
- Manages the on-time and accurate reporting of student and program information into designated data management systems. Provides progress reports on a regular basis as directed.
- Provides education and vocational opportunities on-site and through partnerships with community college districts, employment partners such as EDD and local Career One Stop Centers to maximize program effectiveness.
- Maintains open lines of communication with Information Technology Team to ensure that electronic assets and equipment are in good working condition and are properly maintained.
Prepares monthly or quarterly reports related to meeting established goals of job placement, retention, promotion, training and education including reports to funding sources as needed.
- A completed Rescue Mission application with a signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith, good working knowledge of the Bible and a personal relationship with Jesus.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in guidance or educational counseling, social work, career development or related field such as a ministry setting.
- Ongoing career counseling experience that is reflective of current labor trends and diverse career interests.
- Ability to successfully develop and implement a comprehensive vocational and educational training program utilizing computerized databases and resources.
- Knowledge of career and educational planning resources and assessments, with the ability to administer and interpret appropriate instruments.
- Knowledge and experience working with men, women and children in crisis.
- A pleasant personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- Christ-centered behavior, i.e., treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity at all times.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, legible handwriting including good organizational and administrative skills.
- Experience in developing in-depth educational plans for student success.
- Self-motivated and flexible along with the ability to act and think promptly and professionally at all times.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- Basic knowledge and typing (40 wpm) ability on a PC or compatible computer knowledge, understanding and skill including proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer).
- Maintain First Aid, CPR, and AED certification.
- Maintain an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
All applicants must complete an application and a Statement of Faith to be officially considered. To apply online, please find the “apply here” link at the bottom of each job information page. You may also obtain an application in person at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782 or by requesting one to be emailed to you. To submit an application other than online, please drop it off with the front desk, via mail or by fax 714-566-6461. This position is open until filled.
We are currently transitioning to our new applicant tracking system. During this time, please email your application to [email protected] or fax to 714-566-6461. Thank you!