Temporary Shelter, Inc. is a 50-bed shelter for homeless adults – some of whom have substance abuse problems and/or mental illness – that seeks to provide the assistance clients need to regain their self-sufficiency. Temporary Shelter Inc. is looking to hire a part time Care Coordinator to assist with Front Desk Data Entry / Security position to assist full time staff Monday thru Friday evenings 5pm – 9pm (20 hours per week).
Under the supervision of the Site Supervisor, the Tustin Temporary Emergency Shelter (TTES) The Care Coordinator position is responsible for directing clients and service personnel to appropriate departments and ensuring that the proper channels are maintained in communications and personnel interaction from an entry point perspective and is responsible for monitoring cameras and security systems and alerting security personnel if there are any securities or client safety issues. This position will be responsible for entering client info into the data tracking system upon entry while maintaining the Front Desk at TTES.
- Perform intake, assessment, orientation and input new guest/client data into Mission Tracker Database.
- Explain all policies and procedures to new clients.
- Conduct ongoing ADA assessments with guests as their needs change.
- Organize meal service and clean-up.
- Conduct regular inspections and headcounts.
- Answer phones and take messages as needed.
- Maintain adequate, labeled supplies of clean linens, clothing, cleaning supplies, and personal care products for the facility.
- Assist with laundering of linens and clothing.
- Distribute towels, blankets, hygiene products, etc.
- Conduct regular walk-through tours with Site Supervisor to identify needed repairs and maintenance.
- Report problem incidents between clients/coworkers immediately.
- Serve as point person for volunteers.
- Respond to emergency situations, e.g., accidents, fire, police, etc.
- Enforce policies and procedures as posted.
- Manage any concerns that arise, acting appropriately to resolve problems.
- Practice de-escalation with guests.
- Respond to the social needs and accommodations of guests.
- Attend trainings and meetings as assigned.
- Complete special projects as requested by Site Supervisor.
- High School diploma or GED. Some college experience is preferred, but not required
- 6 months or 1000 hours minimum of experience working or training or education related to people in crisis, emergency shelter or outreach with homeless people.
- Knowledge of some homeless resources to assist in persons with housing and other related issues and committed to housing and homeless issues is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with people in crisis, coworkers and management.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions independently to meet assigned daily deadlines.
- Ability to be detail oriented and organized
- Ability to work alternate schedules if needed (preferred, not required)
- Experience working with Microsoft Computer software (Excel, Word, Outlook email) with the ability to type basic info into a computer database program.
- Ability to conduct all interactions with all shelter clients in a highly ethical manner and integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise appropriate judgment with tact and diplomacy both under normal and stressful situations. Employee must be able to maintain professional composure when faced with escalated, emergency or life and death situations.
- Ability to successfully establish and maintain effective relationships with Temporary Shelter clients but maintain professional boundaries according to policies and procedures.
- Be a team player working collaboratively and or independently as needed successfully.
- Demonstrated solutions based approach to problem solving in an effective, efficient and timely manner.
- Ability to follow all TTES policies, procedures and best practices which include any related federal, state, or local agency requirement.
TO OFFICIALLY APPLY: Please take the link below “APPLY HERE” to our online employment portal. Please email us with any problems you may have with our employment portal and attach your resume at Tustin Temp Emergency Shelter H/R. Tustin Temporary Emergency Shelter is a separate entity that is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission. This position is opened until filled.