The HURTT Family Health Clinic is a nonprofit health clinic that serves the needs of low-income families of Orange County, California. The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is looking to fill the full time Call Center Associate position. This position will answer calls and schedule patient appointments within the appropriate location for Hurtt Family Health and Dental clinics.
Some of the Job Duties are (but not limited to):
- Maintains the highest level of professionalism when answering telephone calls as HFHC “Ambassador”.
- Schedules patient appointments for medical, dental, mental health, chiropractic and optometry visits.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of appointment policies and procedures to ensure appointments are scheduled accurately to provide a positive experience for all patients.
- Routes calls to appropriate staff in a timely and efficient manner.
- Participates in staff and educational meetings.
- Maintains confidentiality of all telephone calls and messages as appropriate.
- Trains back up personnel on telephone system, EMR, and phone protocol.
- Receives faxed documents, and distributes to appropriate staff.
- Reroutes telephone messages and enters all requests directly into EMR and sends to appropriate staff.
- Maintains a clean, safe and unobstructed workplace.
- Routes or replies to messages left in clinic voice message queue.
- Arranges for trained personnel to replace the call center position when absent.
- Performs other specified duties whenever assigned.
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education certification.
- 1 year of customer service calling and answering phone calls on a multi-line phone system.
- Must be bi-lingual in Spanish and English.
- Excellent verbal, phone and customer service skills.
- Good written skills.
- Ability to call and answer calls of multiple patients per hour regarding scheduling and discussing appointment planning.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer) with the ability to perform basic typing (40 wpm).
- Treat coworkers, patients and visitors with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity at all times.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- The ability to act and think promptly and professionally in all scenarios.
- Self-motivated, flexible, organized and dependable.
- Regular & timely attendance.
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the homeless. To apply and be considered for this position you must complete an application, please take the link “apply here” to fill out the online application. You may obtain an application through our website or by picking up at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application by mail (attention Human Resources), through our website or our fax (714)566-6461. This position is open until filled.