The HURTT Family Health Clinic is a nonprofit clinic that serves the needs of low-income individuals, couples and families of Orange County, California. The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is looking to fill a full-time position for a Behavioral Health Therapist that will provide behavioral and mental health services in an outpatient setting to individuals, couples and families under the supervision of the Behavioral Health Manager. Tele-therapy or in person therapy is currently being used with our patients.
Some of the Job Duties are (but not limited to):
- Provides specialized counseling groups/classes based on the needs of the clients on topics within the scope of license and training of therapist
- Document clinical visits through EMR including assessments, treatment planning and progress notes. This also includes reporting statistical data in a timely manner as required by the laws and clinic guidelines.
- Discusses progress toward treatment planning goals with client
- Provides referrals to clients as needed
- Adheres to accreditation and compliance standards/guidelines
- Collaborate and coordinate care with other providers as needed
- Assists in development of departmental policy, procedures, and quality improvement activities within the clinic as directed.
- Periodically provides community mental health presentations and/or workshops to the community or clinic staff.
- Develops community relationships for patient referrals.
- Attend team and staff meetings as scheduled
- Engage in continuing education as required
- Current and in good standing licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in California.
- A Masters Degree in Social Work (MSW) degree is required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ work experience in a clinical behavioral health setting.
- Work experience in a community clinic environment is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge and competency of diagnosis, assessment and treatment of behavioral health services
- Comprehensive knowledge of community resources, and public and private benefits programs.
- Familiar with various insurance funding sources such as Medi-Cal, Medi-Care, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong “detail-approach” to administration and organization.
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer) and other medical-related software systems.
- Treat all people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity at all times (i.e. when speaking on the telephone, to visitors, and company personnel)
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification for infants and adults.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the homeless. An Employment Application is required. To apply through our online employment portal, please go to www.rescuemission.org/employment to find the LCSW job link. Click “apply here” once job description is read. You may also obtain an application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application by mail (attention Human Resources), through our website or via fax (714)566-6461. This position is open until filled.