The HURTT Family Health Clinic is working with the County of Orange to open a new small scale Behavioral Health Recuperative Care Facility. This position will work under direct supervision of a certified/licensed behavioral health superior to provide adult patient supervision in a residential environment for residents in an outpatient treatment program while transitioning back into normal life. This position will assist in the maintenance of a safe, secure environment that enhances recuperative treatment and/or educational effectiveness.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides care to patients in a manner that promotes safety, comfort, and the therapeutic environment.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living; attends to patient behavioral problems and provides assistance in crisis intervention, as needed.
- Works with other members of a multi-disciplinary team in leading milieu activities such as current events groups, community meetings, goals groups, fitness groups, activities of daily living groups, and/or recreational activities, as appropriate to the specified patient population.
- Charts patient observations, following prescribed procedures and standards.
- Participates in the development and implementation of patient treatment programs.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient records.
- Transport patients to and from appointments, clinics, laboratories, and/or treatments, as and when appropriate.
- May perform initial patient evaluations to determine treatment priorities; may take vital signs, weights, and urine, stool, and sputum specimens.
- Attends and participates in group sessions, in-service education, and staff meetings.
- Maintains established institutional policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, and safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in service meetings and workshops.
- May provide liaison with patients, families of patients, or external facilities and agencies.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- High school diploma with at least 6 months of related work experience with care giving for adults that have behavioral health issues directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention techniques.
- Ability to interact with students, faculty and/or staff in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Knowledge of accreditation and certification requirements and standards.
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
- Ability to provide therapeutic patient care to mentally, emotionally and/or developmentally disabled individuals.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to assess and provide for the day-to-day needs of mentally, emotionally and/or developmentally disabled patients.
- Ability to safely lift, and physically manipulate patients.
- Skill in preparing and maintaining patient records.
- Knowledge of patient care charts and patient histories.
- Ability to communicate and interact with mental health professionals in a team environment.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues based on policy and procedures set in place by the Program Director or Case Manager.
Conditions of Employment
- CPR Certified or become certified within 2 weeks of hire.
- Successful candidate must submit to post-offer, pre-employment background verification and physical examination.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Moderate occasional physical activity that requires handling of average-weight objects 25-45 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than two (2) hours per day.
- Work may involve occasional exposure to unusual elements, bodily fluids, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
Work Schedules available for hire:
Saturday and Sunday (Part-time)
- Day Shift: 7am-4pm
- Afternoon/Evening Shift: 3pm-12am
- Graveyard Shift: 11pm – 8am
Monday thru Friday (Full-time)
- Afternoon/Evening Shift: 3pm-12am
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the homeless. To apply for this position YOU MUST COMPLETE AND APPLICATION. Please take the link “Apply Here” to complete the application. You may also pick up an application to complete at our main office located at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application by mail (attention Human Resources), through our website or fax to (714)566-6461. This position is open until filled.
We are currently transitioning to our new applicant tracking system. During this time, please email your application to [email protected] or fax to 714-566-6461. Thank you!