The HURTT Family Health Clinic is a nonprofit health clinic that serves the needs of low-income families of Orange County, California. The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is looking for a professional Behavioral Health Manager to lead the Behavioral Health department. This position will oversee all aspects of the behavioral health service line at Hurtt Family Health Clinic. The Behavioral Health Manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with program policies, procedures, standards, and the delivery of high quality integrated behavioral health services to patients and families. The Behavioral Health Manager is charged with developing behavioral health programs that align with both Patient Centered Medical Home initiatives and traditional therapy modalities. The Behavioral Health Manager works closely with other department leaders to facilitate an integrated, team-based approach to patient care across all service lines. The Behavioral Health Manager represents the health center with community partners and third party payers. The Behavioral Health Manager provides direct patient care services. The Behavioral Health Manager directly supervises the Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW) and Academy Clinical Social Workers (ACSW)
Some of the Job Duties are (but not limited to):
- Develops and monitors the behavioral health policies, procedures, and standards of practice.
- Coordinates and oversees the Psychiatry services at the health center.
- Participates in all aspects of the Behavioral Health Integration services, warm hand offs, assessments, tracking referrals, and short term behavioral health services.
- Provides direct behavioral health and medical social work services to individuals, families, groups and communities, under the supervision of the Medical Director.
- Provides crisis counseling as needed and outreach counseling to community settings such as schools, home visits, and other settings as assigned by the Medical Director.
- Provides specialized counseling groups or classes for adjustment to illness, adjustment to pain, parenting classes, depression, grief, anger management, teen issues or on other topics within the scope of license and training.
- Document progress/ case notes in the EMR including assessments, treatment plans and progress notes and other reporting and statistical data in a timely manner as required by the law and clinic guidelines.
- Discusses progress toward goals with client such as controlling weight, controlling pain, adjusting to stress, or substance abuse education and support services such as observing urine tests.
- Refers clients to supportive community services and in-house medical services or support programs to supplement office treatment and counseling.
- Develops community relationships for referral purposes and occasionally provide community mental health presentations on pain management, childhood mental health issues, or stress management workshops to the community or clinic staff.
- Education: Masters Degree in Social work or Medical Social work.
- California Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) current and in good standing.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification for infants and adults.
- Experience: 3-5 years of successful high case load experience, preferably in a fast paced Community Clinic setting.
- Supervisory: Previous supervisory / management over a staff of 3 or more in a behavioral health setting.
- Language: Preferred but not required, Bilingual (English/Spanish) in medical terminology in both Spanish and English.
- Ability to maintain a patient case load while supervising staff.
- Must be familiar with providing specialized counseling groups or classes for adjustment to illness, adjustment to pain, parenting classes, depression, grief, anger management, teen issues or on other topics within the scope of license and training.
- Comprehensive knowledge of community resources, and public and private benefits programs.
- Familiar with various funding sources such as Medi-Cal, Medi-Care, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong “detail-approach” to administration and organization.
- Basic Typing ability 40 wpm, proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Internet Explorer) and other medical-related software systems.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment with diverse groups of men, women and children.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
The Hurtt Community Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the homeless. To apply for this position YOU MUST COMPLETE AND APPLICATION. Please take the link below “apply here” to our online employment portal. Please contact [email protected] with any problems related to the employment process. You may submit a hard copy application by email, in person, by mail (attention Human Resources), via email or fax to (714)566-6461. This position is open until filled.