The Inland Empire Rescue Mission is a Faith based organization to assist the homeless and needy of the Inland Empire, California. The Rescue Mission is looking to hire a Barista at our Restoration Roasters Coffee Cart. This position is responsible for preparing and serving all products with friendly, individualized attention to each customer. He or she is also responsible for educating customers about our coffee and coffee products.
Barista Job Duties (but not limited to):
- Prepare or serve hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, or teas.
- Routinely cleans the coffee bar, takes the trash out and keeps bar supplies organized.
- Adjust the espresso grind.
- Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils, or equipment.
- Check temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, or heating equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Receive, or stock supplies or retail products.
- Educate the customer in a kind an accessible manner about our coffee or specific drink.
- Respond to proactively to prevent customer service situations.
- Stock customer service stations with paper products or beverage preparation items.
- Weigh, grind, or pack coffee beans for customers.
- Follows all drink recipes and procedures accurately.
- Stays educated on all products and other various types of coffee, blends and roasts.
- Keeps communication about customer incidents or issues that come up each day.
- Accurately rings sales orders into cash register and counts back change to customer in a courteous and friendly manner.
This position requires:
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- HS Diploma or equivalent education and experience.
- Good organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of coffee equipment and coffee making procedures.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Be self motivated, dependable and have a good attitude with coworkers and students.
- The ability to act professionally and think promptly in an emergency or crisis situation.
- Maintain and have acceptable driving record with 2 or less points (as deemed by our Insurance Provider).
To apply for this position you must complete an application and the Statement of Faith or you may apply online through our employment portal: https://www.rescuemission.org/employment/
You may also obtain an application at our Inland Empire Rescue Mission location: 420 W. Harrison Street, Corona CA 92880. You may submit your application by mail (attention Human Resources), email: [email protected] or our fax (714)566-6461. This position is open until filled.