The Inland Empire Rescue Mission is a Faith based organization to assist the homeless and needy of the Inland Empire, California. Restoration Roasters is a specialty coffee house run by the Rescue Mission but located within our partner organization, Crossroads Christian Church in Corona, CA. Restoration Roasters Coffee House is looking for Barista’s to work various flexible hours day/afternoon/evening throughout the week Monday thru Sunday. The Barista position is responsible for preparing and serving all products with friendly, individualized attention to each customer. The Barista is also responsible for educating customers about our specialty coffee and coffee products.
Barista Job Duties (but not limited to):
- Prepare all hot and cold beverage (coffee, Espresso or tea drinks) recipes and procedures accurately.
- Routinely cleans the coffee bar, takes the trash out and keeps bar supplies organized.
- Adjust the espresso grind.
- Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils, or equipment.
- Check temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, or heating equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Receive, or stock supplies or retail products.
- Respond to proactively to prevent customer service situations.
- Stock customer service stations with paper products or beverage preparation items.
- Weigh, grind, or pack coffee beans for customers.
- Stays educated on all products and other various types of coffee, blends and roasts.
- Keeps communication about customer incidents or issues that come up each day.
- Accurately rings sales orders into cash register and counts back change to customer in a courteous and friendly manner.
- A personal relationship with Jesus and a signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith and a signed employment application.
- HS Diploma (or equivalent education) and some barista or specialty coffee experience with equipment and procedures is preferred but not required.
- Be self motivated, dependable and organized. have a good attitude with coworkers and students.
- A professional, but friendly personality with excellent communication skills (verbal and written) at all times with staff, volunteers and students.
- Basic Cashier and math skills.
- Acceptable Driving Record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
All applicants must complete an OC Rescue Mission employment application and a Statement of Faith. You may also obtain an application by downloading from our website, in person at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782 or by requesting an email with a PDF application. You may submit your application in person, via mail (attention Human Resources), the OCRM website or by fax 714-566-6461. This position is open until filled.