The Inland Empire Rescue Mission is a Faith based organization to assist the homeless and needy of the Inland Empire, California. Restoration Roasters is a specialty coffee house run by the Rescue Mission but located within our partner organization, Crossroads Christian Church in Corona, CA. Restoration Roasters Coffee House is looking for Barista’s to work various flexible hours day/afternoon/evening throughout the week Monday thru Sunday. The Barista position is responsible for preparing and serving all products with friendly, individualized attention to each customer. The Barista is also responsible for educating customers about our specialty coffee and coffee products.
Barista Job Duties (but not limited to):
- Prepare all hot and cold beverage (coffee, Espresso or tea drinks) recipes and procedures accurately.
- Routinely cleans the coffee bar, takes the trash out and keeps bar supplies organized.
- Adjust the espresso grind.
- Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils, or equipment.
- Check temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, or heating equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Receive, or stock supplies or retail products.
- Respond to proactively to prevent customer service situations.
- Stock customer service stations with paper products or beverage preparation items.
- Weigh, grind, or pack coffee beans for customers.
- Stays educated on all products and other various types of coffee, blends and roasts.
- Keeps communication about customer incidents or issues that come up each day.
- Accurately rings sales orders into cash register and counts back change to customer in a courteous and friendly
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- HS Diploma (or equivalent education) and some barista or specialty coffee experience with equipment and procedures is preferred but not required.
- Be self motivated, dependable and organized. have a good attitude with coworkers and students.
- A professional, but friendly personality with excellent communication skills (verbal and written) at all times with staff, volunteers and students.
- Basic Cashier and math skills.
- Maintain and have acceptable driving record with 2 or less points (as deemed by our Insurance Provider).
All applicants must complete a Rescue Mission Employment Application and the Statement of Faith to be officially considered for the position. You may apply online at: www.rescuemission.org/employment . You may also obtain a hard copy application to complete at our Restoration Roasters Coffee Shop 2331 Kellogg Ave. Corona, CA 92881. You may also submit a hard copy application via fax (714)566-6461, email [email protected] or in person to Restoration Roasters. This position is open until filled.