The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based organization to assist the homeless and underserved of Orange County, California. The Rescue Mission is looking to hire a part time Audio Visual Technician that will be responsible for running all Orange County Rescue Mission chapel audio and video during Saturday night church services (3pm – 8pm) along with several major Rescue Mission events throughout the year.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Fully run audio and visual needs for the Village of Hope’s Saturday night chapel service, Program Student Graduations (four Sundays a year), Christmas in July (Weekday in mid July) Turkey Trot (Thanksgiving morning), and Magic At Mission (Saturday in mid December).
- Prepare stage for guest bands and speakers. This includes setting up music stands, microphone stands, microphones, XLR cables, monitors, drums, guitar stands, electrical cables, lights and any other stage accessories that would required by the band.
- Run sound, lighting & direct any volunteers that assist with running slides on screens. Also responsible for managing students who are assisting with setup and breakdown.
- Maintain professional and relational communication with guest bands, speakers & volunteers.
- Be willing to meet the needs of the band as long as they are within reasonable parameters presentable to OCRM standards.
- Report any rule violations by students to the Case Manager on staff.
- Trouble shoots any audio or visual complications and generates a report of these events to the Digital Media Producer.
- Report any lost or broken items to Digital Media Producer.
- Request equipment purchases necessary to running a Saturday night chapel.
- Create weekly reports that inform the Production Associate of how the night played out.
- You will be working with concert style speakers and subs as well as playback
- Some local travel may be required.
- A personal relationship with Jesus, member of a Bible believing Church and good working knowledge of the Bible, and a signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- College Degree or Technical Certification with a minimum of 6 months of Audio/ Video work experience. HS Diploma with more work experience in chapel and concert style show audio visual setup will be strongly considered in lieu of the original education requirement.
- Experience and knowledge in M7CL Yamaha sound board, ION light board, ProPresenter software and basic knowledge Mac OS and Microsoft Office software is required.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Monitors security for work areas, equipment and all
- A pleasant personality during all phone conversations and personal contact with all visitors, staff and
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
All applicants must complete an application and a Statement of Faith to be officially considered. To apply online, please find the “apply here” link at the bottom of each job information page. You may also obtain an application in person at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782 or by requesting one to be emailed to you. To submit an application other than online, please drop it off with the front desk, via mail or by fax 714-566-6461. This position is open until filled.