The HURTT Family Health Clinic is a nonprofit health clinic that serves the needs of low-income families of Orange County, California. The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is looking hire Associate Clinical Social Workers to add to our growing Behavioral Health Department. The Associate Clinical Social Worker (ACSW) will provide culturally sensitive behavioral health services to the communities by providing assessments, referrals and follow-up appointments includes developing plans with the client and implementing therapeutic treatment plans in strength-based model in both the doctors’ offices and the individual counseling office.
- Provides direct behavioral health and medical social work services to individuals, families, groups and communities, under the supervision of the Behavioral Health Manager.
- Provides crisis counseling as needed and outreach counseling to community settings such as schools, home visits, and other settings as assigned by the Behavioral Health Manager.
- Provides specialized counseling groups or classes for adjustment to illness, adjustment to pain, parenting classes, depression, grief, anger management, teen issues or on other topics within the scope of license and training.
- Document progress/ case notes in the EMR including assessments, treatment plans and progress notes and other reporting and statistical data in a timely manner as required by the law and clinic guidelines.
- Discusses progress toward goals with client such as controlling weight, controlling pain, adjusting to stress, or substance abuse education and support services such as observing urine tests.
- Conducts relaxation exercises or learn relaxation skills from supervision, facilitate peer counseling groups, and family counseling during clinical therapy sessions.
- Refers clients to supportive community services and in-house medical services or support programs to supplement office treatment and counseling.
- Adheres to accreditation and compliance standards/guidelines and gets yearly cultural supportive training.
- Assists in development of departmental policy, procedures, and quality improvement activities within the clinic as directed.
- Periodically provides community mental health presentations and power point presentations on pain management, childhood mental health issues, or stress management workshops to the community or clinic staff.
- Inputs and maintains patient information in the EMR system in a timely manner
- Tracks and maintains patient follow up. Scans all paperwork pertaining to patients.
- Performs any and all such duties that are within the scope of this individual’s certifications that are requested by the medical providers.
- Develops community relationships for patient referrals.
- Tracks and maintains all logs for patient referrals.
- Makes sure patient and provider have signed all appropriate paperwork when applicable.
Position is primarily first shift, however may require work beyond the normal hours and on weekends/holidays, as typical operations runs 24×7. The position requires work in a busy, clinic setting where the ACSW will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers entering medical information which requires attention to detail and high levels of accuracy. Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting children or heavy items (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking. Must be able to work safely in an environment containing biological conditions which may be unhealthful or hazardous (such as bodily fluids and waste, germs, childhood diseases).
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
- Registered in California as an Associate Clinical Social Worker (ACSW).
- Two years (3-5 years preferred) of clinical work experience and preferably some experience in medical social work.
- Current CPR/BCLS (Basic Cardiac Life Support) certification for infants and adults.
- Work experience with multicultural environments serving diverse groups of men, women and children. Work experience with communities in need is preferred, but not required.
- Basic knowledge of community resources, and public and private benefits programs.
- Familiar with various funding sources such as Medi-Cal, Medi-Care, etc.
- Must have a basic understanding of assisting or preferably running specialized counseling groups or classes for adjustment to illness, adjustment to pain, parenting classes, depression, grief, anger management, teen issues or on other topics within the scope of license and training.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including being adaptable to each client being served. Bilingual with comprehension of medical terms in both languages is preferred, but not required.
- Basic typing skills of 40 wpm with proficiency in Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Electronic Medical/Health Records database systems.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with a strong “detail-approach” to administration and organization.
- Keep a professional and positive attitude at all times. Treating all people (coworkers, patients, visitors and volunteers) with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity at all times (i.e. when speaking on the telephone, to visitors, and company personnel)
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the homeless. A HURTT Clinic Employment Application is required for official consideration. To officially apply, please to go to our employment webpage www.hurttclinic.org/employment to find the appropriate available job information link. Find the “Apply Here” at the bottom of the job information there is a link, to our online employment portal. You may also obtain an application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application by mail (attention Human Resources), through our website or via fax (714)566-6461. This position is open until filled.