Restoration Roasters Coffee House is affiliated with the Inland Empire Rescue Mission and we are looking to hire an Assistant Manager at our Restoration Roasters Coffee location. We are a Faith based organization that serves the needy of Southern California. Restoration Roasters creates and sells amazing coffee products while assisting our program members in job training skills for their future.
This position work shifts that the store manager does not and ensure smooth operation of the store during those shifts. Supervisors have the authority to assign tasks to other workers in order to maintain the cleanly appearance of the store and efficient flow of business. The Assistant Manager must be able to perform each job efficiently (register, bar-back, barista) and step into any role that is lacking during the shift Knowledge and passion for coffee is required. With the manager gone customers with questions will need to be attended to by the Assistant Manager, and often times those questions will be coffee related. The Assistant Manager will have the authority to refund customers that are unhappy, as well as authorize a customer’s drink to be remade at no additional charge. In order to perform refunds supervisors must be well versed in the operations of the POS system. The supervisor runs efficient and complete closing of the coffee bar. They must have the ability to count the daily tills and record the amount. Ultimately a shift supervisor must be attentive, assertive, have strong customer service skills, versed in all store operations and a good leader.
This position requires:
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- Associates Degree or equivalent of 2 years college general studies with 1 year of barista and food/coffee bar supervisory work experience. A High school diploma with more than 2 years of barista supervisory work experience will be considered in lieu of the college degree.
- Good organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent Customer Service skills to customers and people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- Hands-on PC compatible knowledge with proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer)
- Maintain First Aid, CPR, and AED certification.
- Be self motivated, dependable and have a good attitude with coworkers and students.
- The ability to act professionally and think promptly in an emergency or crisis situation.
- Maintain and have acceptable driving record with 2 or less points (as deemed by our Insurance Provider).
To apply for this position you must complete a Rescue Mission Employment Application and the Statement of Faith. Please go to our website www.rescuemission.org/employment to find the application and statement of Faith. You may also obtain a hard copy application to complete at our Restoration Roasters Coffee Shop 2331 Kellogg Ave. Corona, CA 92881. You may also submit a hard copy application via fax (714)566-6461, email [email protected] or in person to Restoration Roasters. This position is open until filled