The Inland Empire Rescue Mission is a Faith based non-profit organization that assists the homeless and needy of Inland Empire County of California. The Rescue Mission is looking for a dedicated and energetic professional with a track record of successful administrative management to fill the vacancy of the Assistant Manager position at our Corona Norco location. This position will oversee the administrative staff and functions, case management staff and programs, admissions and intake staff and program, facilities and kitchen staff.
Some of the Job Duties are (but not limited to):
- Oversees the daily operations and scheduling of the IERM staff (Case Managers and Front Desk) and ensures ongoing professional development for all direct reports.
- Ensures efficient weekly time management of staff and schedule approval for bi-weekly payroll processing through the payroll department.
- Responsible for a light case management load of enrolled IERM program participants (students) between 5 – 10 cases at a time.
- Meeting weekly with each assigned student to assist each of them through Biblical counsel, listening, prayer and in completing their individualized plan which may include resolving scheduling, relational, and programmatic conflicts, family reunification and parenting programs.
- Ensures that all program staff completes required database entries for students and program services.
- Participates in all Q.A. meetings held at the Village of Hope in Tustin to ensure that the program at the IERM is consistent / cohesive with the OCRM.
- Oversees the maintenance of the facility through the Facilities Manager, coordinates all facility maintenance issues at all IERM properties, and ensures that all maintenance/repairs by outside vendors have been approved by executive management.
- Works with the Admissions Manager and Admissions Department at OCRM to facilitate student intakes and policies.
- Ensures all health and kitchen guidelines are in compliance with regulatory standards.
- Ensures that the kitchen operations meet all expectations, including operating within budget, generating within budget, and cultivating additional donor sources for food and other donated goods and services.
- Assists dietitian to plan, change, test, and standardize recipes to increase number of servings prepared.
- Supervises students and volunteer personnel to ensure proper preparation of meals and cleanliness of the kitchen and equipment.
- Purchases foodstuffs, kitchen supplies, and equipment, or requisitions them from Purchasing Agent.
- Meets with professional staff, customers, or client group to resolve menu inconsistencies or to plan menus for special occasions.
Job Skills & Requirements
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith and a member of a Bible-believing church.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Organizational Management or Religious Studies and previous successful work experience in a related field such as ministry and/or non-profit setting. An equivalency may be made with more related work experience in lieu of the education requirement.
- Supervisory work experience is required.
- Ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Experience in program organization, implementation, policy management, budget planning and control, staff supervision and training.
- Knowledge and experience working with men, women and children in crisis.
- Ability to hold students accountable for their Individual program goals and elements.
- Demonstrated skill in conflict resolution.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- A pleasant personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and the IERM staff.
- The ability to think promptly and professionally.
- Be self-motivated and flexible.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic Typing @ 40wpm and PC computer knowledge, understanding and skill.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Windows software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Explorer).
- Working knowledge of Case Management database/software desired
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
For more detailed information on this position’s job duties and requirements, please go to our website www.rescuemission.org/employment. To be considered for this position you must complete an application and the Statement of Faith. Please find the job title on our employment portion of the website, then the “apply here” link. You may also obtain an application at our You may also obtain an application at our Corona location: 420 Harrison St, Corona, 92880.
Please submit any hard copy applications via fax (714)566-646 or email preferably. If you deliver the application in person, please put in a sealed envelope with the job title you are applying for. You may also submit by mail (attention Human Resources) to 1 Hope Drive, Tustin CA 92782. Salary is contingent on experience and full benefits will be offered at the time of hire. This position is open until filled.