Administrative Assistant to the President
The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based organization to assist the homeless and needy of Orange County, California. The Rescue Mission is looking for a self motivated and detail oriented Administrative Assistant to assist the President and the President’s Cabinet at our Orange County location. This full-time position will provide executive level administrative support by conducting, preparing reports, handling information requests and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings, etc. in a prompt confidential and courteous manner.
Some of the Job Duties are:
- Answers and directs all incoming calls to the President professionally and promptly routes them or takes messages as needed.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Communicates regularly with President throughout the day-advising of any “priority/urgent” matters or issues that need to immediate attention.”
- Conducts research and analysis for special projects and provides follow-up details and feedback as requested.
- Orders office supplies and other specialty items for President which may include maintenance/repair orders, letterhead, business cards, files and binders as needed.
- Reviews and forwards all incoming mail on behalf of President; prepares draft correspondence as needed.
- Responsible for heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external clients as well as other executives to coordinate a variety of complex meetings.
- Arranges travel schedule and reservations for executive management including conferences and conventions as needed.
- Assists with preparation of presentation materials such as speeches, materials and information packets, annual report coordination including PowerPoint presentations and other special events as needed for the President.
- Prepares special VIP Mailings to cultivate relationships and build support for Rescue Mission programs.
- Provide VIP tours as necessary.
- Maintains an organized filing system for efficient document storage and retrieval processes.
- Coordinates meetings and teleconferences including location, food, set-up and often provides hospitality components for both on-site and off-site events.
- Handles all monthly expense reporting, purchase orders and credit account reconciliation for President and executive team.
- Produces and coordinates internal communications, ensuring a concise and consistent message.
- Working collaboratively with Community Relationship Officer to build and maintain stake holder relationships and cultivate donors, supporters and positive public relations.
The Administrative Assistant position requires:
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, attendance in a Bible believing church and signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree or certificate/diploma from a trade or vocational school in related field desired.
- Three years directly related experience supporting at the executive level. Experience in professional services, sales or marketing environment preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a high degree of business sense and a great influencing ability to persuade people on behalf of President.
- Excellent organization and calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings.
- Must be able to carry him/herself well in business conferences and meetings, as may be required to represent the executive in important business functions and communications.
- Possess an in depth knowledge of the executive’s taste and preferences to be able to plan his schedule according to his desired order.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stay on deadline.
- Knowledge and experience working with Social Media. For Example; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- A pleasant, flexible personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and the OCRM staff.
- Must maintain a professional demeanor in all situations and be able to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- Ability to manage incoming high volume of telephone calls.
- Knowledge of MS Office Programs (Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel) working knowledge of communication equipment (paging, radio/walkie-talkie)
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
To be considered for this position you must complete an application with salary history and the Statement of Faith. You may obtain an application through our website or pick up at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application by mail (attention Human Resources), through our website or our fax (714)566-6461. This position is open until filled.