The HURTT Family Health Clinic is a nonprofit health clinic that serves the needs of low-income families of Orange County, California. The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is looking for a professional Administrative Assistant to support to the Executive Director and executive level team. This position primarily provides confidential administrative support to the Executive Director but will occasionally assist our Medical Director, Director of Operations, and Reporting and Compliance Manager with meeting coordination and or mass organization communication on behalf of the team. The best candidate for this position is someone that has worked in healthcare administration and/or that has a solid amount of administrative support experience in order to work independently to handle a wide range of tasks.
- Provide a daily dependable contact resource of information to staff for the Executive Directer during business hours. Occasionally there will be a HURTT Clinic Board of Directors meeting on a weeknight.
- Receives and processes all communication incoming to the Executive Director (phone, mail, email) from staff, compliance organizations to distribute accordingly to the correct team member.
- Coordinate a variety meetings such as in-person, conference call or virtual meetings for the Director with vendors, internal departments within the organization, and the Board of Directors. The Board meeting coordination includes confirming attendees, location selection, food planning (if any), set-up/tear-down, and occasionally take meeting minutes.
- Arrange travel executive team and healthcare providers to attend medical or training conferences.
- Track and process all executive/management team related expense reports, purchase orders and corporate credit card account reconciliation monthly. Occasionally send invoices for payment.
- Assists with preparation of presentation materials such as speeches, materials and information packets, annual report coordination including PowerPoint presentations and other special events as needed.
- Maintain a detailed and organized filing system for efficient document storage and retrieval processes.
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare information for consideration & presentation on key areas of the clinic organization, including marketing, analyzing trends in FQHCs, homelessness, healthcare, and similar services in our community.
- Maintain knowledge of assigned tasks delegated to the executive team to ensure members are meeting deadlines.
- Strategic partnership with the Executive Director and admin team to proactively solve complex problems and business related issues.
- Provide administrative clerical duties such as writing business memos, letters, and any other organization related correspondence, ordering office supplies, making copies, arranging mailings for post office, Fedex or UPS.
- Occasionally attend meetings as requested by Director to take meeting minutes and provide for reference following meetings.
- Support Compliance Department with the Continued Medical Education (CME) program required for healthcare providers to stay up to date with current education information, new laws or programs in related to their position and making sure that all providers are current on their various types of medical licensing.
- Work with the OC Rescue Mission Accounting and HR departments on HURTT related projects.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Executive Director as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study is preferred with a minimum of 4 years of administrative work experience while supporting an executive or manager level position. Applicants may request an equivalency accommodation for the education requirement and will be strongly considered with more than 4 years of successful executive administrative level work experience, especially in a related field such as healthcare, health insurance or nonprofit organizations. Please ask the recruiter for more details on this qualification.
- High level of organization with attention to detail is necessary in order to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and complete efficiently on time.
- Excellent communication abilities in both written and verbal form. Bilingual is a plus but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and adaptability skills in a fast pace environment working with various levels of staff, executive management, visitors. environment.
- Professional and positive demeanor to all people at all times while representing the HURTT Family Clinic organization.
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings and travel arrangements.
- High level of ability to analyze situations, be resourceful in obtaining information, ability to take initiative and problem solve.
- Ability to recognize and keep confidential information regarding the organization, programs, personnel and patients.
- Ability to work independently and flexible enough to work as a member of a team when needed.
- Experienced level knowledge using Microsoft software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet)
- HURTT Clinic is considered an Essential Employer under the social services/care giver label. This position is considered essential employment and is required to continue regularly scheduled job duties during community crisis and/or emergency disasters.
- Maintain an acceptable driving record in accordance with our insurance carrier (less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the homeless. ALL APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE A HURTT CLINIC EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION to be officially considered for the position. Please use the link below “Apply Here” to go to the online employment portal to complete an application. A PDF version of the application is available for download on our main employment page . It may also be obtained at the 24 hour main desk of the Orange County Rescue Mission located at, 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your PDF or hard copy application in person, via email, by mail (attention Human Resources) or fax (714)566-6461. Salary is dependent upon experience and a full benefits package will be offered at hire. This position is open until filled