The HURTT Family Health Clinic is a nonprofit health clinic that serves the needs of low-income families of Orange County, California. The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is looking for a professional Administrative Assistant to support to the Executive Team. This position provides confidential administrative support to the Executive Director, Medical Director, Director of Operations, and Reporting and Compliance Manager. The best candidate for this position is someone experienced in handling a wide range of administrative support tasks in a healthcare environment and the ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Screen telephone calls for the Executive Director and administrative team.
- Read and analyze all incoming mail, memos, submissions and reports in order to plan distribution.
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records and reports.
- All administrative and clerical procedures such as word processing, managing files & records, designing forms and office procedures.
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration & presentation on key areas of the clinic, including marketing, analyzing trends in FQHCs, homelessness, healthcare, and similar services in our community.
- Work directly with Executive Director’s direct report admin team to ensure that members are completing assigned tasks.
- Strategic partnership with the Executive Director and admin team to proactively solve complex problems and business related issues.
- Manage and maintain Executive Director’s calendar including, coordinating meetings, conference calls and travel arrangements.
- Prepare invoices, expense reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents.
- Compile, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Perform general office duties such as mail, ordering supplies, filing, Xerox copying, coordinate catering.
- Assist management with tracking expenses and administration of corporate credit cards.
- Support Compliance Department with tracking CME and other courses for healthcare providers.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 years of strong administrative support work experience in the healthcare industry. Executive administrative support is preferred, but not required. An education equivalency may be considered with more specific work related experience.
- Organized and detail oriented with excellent time management skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and Outlook)
- Excellent communication abilities in both written and verbal form.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer services and adaptability skills.
- Professional with the ability to interact with staff (at all levels) and executive contacts in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings and travel arrangements.
- Strong ability to take initiative, analyze situations, problem solve.
- Strong understanding of confidentiality of personnel and patients.
- Ability to continue regularly scheduled job duties during community crisis and/or emergency disasters (within official guidelines). HURTT Clinic is considered an Essential Employer under the social services/care giver label.
- Maintain an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the homeless. ALL CANDIDATES MUST COMPLETE A HURTT CLINIC EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION to be officially considered for the position. To APPLY, please visit our employment website: www.hurttclinic.org/employment to find the appropriate job and application link. Hard copy applications are available at our main office front desk or can be emailed by request, please contact us with any problems applying online. Salary is dependent upon experience level and benefits will be offered upon hire. Open until filled.