The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based nonprofit organization that assists the homeless and needy of Orange County and Inland Empire areas. The Rescue Mission is looking for a passionate individual to join the Development and Operations department as the Full Time Administrative Assistant at the main location in Tustin, CA. The Administrative Assistant provides advanced and confidential administrative support to the Chief Development Officer and Chief Operations Officer. The Administrative Assistant handles a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks as directed by management. The position requires the ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
Some of the Job Duties are:
- Screen telephone calls for the Development and Operations department.
- Provide superior customer service in accordance with the Company Driven to Excellence standards.
- Consistently practice the Meaning of Yes® and maintain the highest standards of professionalism when interacting with fellow team members, management, owners, members and prospects.
- Provide requested written documents (reports, presentations, correspondence, etc)
- General Office tasks such as filing, setting up meetings, and reordering supplies.
- Provide real time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts.
- Travel arrangements for staff.
- Operate office equipment as needed (i.e.: computer, copy machine, fax machine).
- Prepare FedEx shipments for pick-up or delivery.
- Screen through mail and distribute appropriately.
- Keep and report activity statistics.
- Reconcile expense reports and credit card statements.
- A personal relationship with Jesus, member of a local Bible believing Church, good working knowledge of the Bible, and a Rescue Mission employment application with a signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- Associate’s degree in related field with 2-5 years of successful administrative work experience. An education equivalency may be requested with more related work experience. Please ask for more information.
- Work experience in a development or operations department for a nonprofit organization is preferred but not required.
- Christ-centered behavior (treating people with dignity, respect, compassion, and integrity at all times)
- Ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Excellent calendar management skills in MS Outlook, including the coordination of complex executive meetings.
- Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing corporate and community relationships with a pleasant and energetic personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- Ability to address conflict with staff, as well as donors, and be able to intercede and find reasonable solutions in order to maintain harmonious relations.
- Excellent knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures such as word processing, managing files & records, designing forms and office procedures & terminology.
- Excellent knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Strong abilities in both written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- A pleasant, professional personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- Detail oriented, Focused, Self-motivated and flexible ability to work as a team.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
Internet Explorer), database entry, reporting and maintenance. Working knowledge of volunteer database programs or Salesforce experience is preferred but not required.
- Regular timely attendance on the job.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
All applicants must complete an application and a Statement of Faith. You may also obtain a hard copy of the application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application in person, via mail (attention Human Resources), the OCRM website or via fax 714-566-6461. This position is open until filled.