The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based nonprofit organization that assists the neediest community members of Orange County, California. The Rescue Mission is looking to fill an upcoming Accounts Receivable Manager vacancy at our main office in Tustin, California. This position is responsible for overseeing a small staff to ensure the accurate and timely processing of accounting processes including accounts receivable and banking transactions with computerized systems and assist in the job training mentorship of our Students in business office procedures.
- Manage processing of Rescue Mission mail (including sorting, coding, and batching) on a daily basis.
- Create and produce reports from the donor database and complete all processes in a timely manner at month end.
- Manage and maintain accurate donor information in the Salesforce database on an on-going basis.
- Deposit checks into bank using remote deposit
- Oversee the preparation, printing and mailing of receipts for all donations on a regular basis
- Ensure EFT’s processed through F&M Bank are accurately entered into the donor database
- Reconcile (monthly) credit cards and ACH reports for STRIPE, F&M Bank and SQUARE
- Monitor staff and students for accuracy and productivity – create written monthly reviews and submit to the Program Coordinator
- Enter daily credit card and recurring credit card donations into the credit card system and into the donor database and contacting the donor when necessary for updates
- General accounting tasks, including month end duties, supporting schedules, JE’s, and other reporting
- Prepare daily deposits, charge credit cards received via mail/phone (enter when needed)
- Keep program fees (and rent rec’d) spreadsheet up to date (and send weekly/monthly)
- Pull spreadsheet of web charges (enter when needed)
- Verify CC balancing at end of month
- Maintain donor master file
- Other admin duties such as mail room, inbound calls, and courier work
- Supervision and training/job mentorship with program students, volunteers and seasonal staff assigned to assist in the accounts receivable area of the Accounting Department when needed during busy donation seasons.
- A personal relationship with Jesus, a completed and signed Orange County Rescue Mission Employment Application with Statement of Faith.
- Associates degree in related field such as Accounting, Finance or Business.
- A minimum of 6 years of increased responsibility in an Accounting Department with a solid knowledge around processes in A/R and A/P. Work related experience in nonprofit or ministry work environments is highly preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory or management experience overseeing a small accounting staff in Accounts Receivable.
- Experience with basic database entry (Excel and Access), reporting and maintenance, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs at a highly proficient level. Experience working in Salesforce is preferred.
- Experience documenting processes along with creating and maintaining custom reports and dashboards
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information.
- Ability to manage projects effectively with efficiency and achieving focused results.
- Excellent communication skills in all forms, written, verbal. Positive and professional to all people at all times while representing the OC Rescue mission.
- Self-motivated, flexible, team player, detail oriented with good with communication skills (verbal and written).
- Less than 2 points on your driving record for company insurance coverage eligibility while driving to the bank.
All applicants must complete an Orange County Rescue Mission Employment Application and a Statement of Faith. Please take the link below to our online employment portal to apply officially. Please do not use your phone to complete the application on the portal and please contact our HR office if you have any problems. If you do not have a computer or access to a computer to complete the application, you may obtain and return a hard copy application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782 any day or time of the week. This position is open until filled.