The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based organization to assist the homeless and needy of Orange County, California. The Rescue Mission is looking to fill the full time vacancy of Accounts Payable Clerk at our main office located in Tustin, CA. This position is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations of the accounts payable system.
Some of the Job Duties are:
- Prepare daily deposits
- Keep Fixed Assets Listing up to date
- Prepare all 1099 – send to vendors – upload online to IRS
- Keep program fees spreadsheet up to date (and send weekly)
- Charge credit cards received via mail/phone (enter when needed)
- Pull spreadsheet of web charges (enter when needed)
- Enter (and distribute monthly report) all rent received on a spreadsheet
- Prepare deposits of Program Fees
- Work with Cash Receipts dept. to check CC balancing at end of month
- Set up new recurring donors
- Special projects assigned by Controller
- Sort, count, and open, mail for Cash Receipts dept.
- Keep occupancy Goal Tracking spreadsheet up to date
- Take donations via phone
- Courier and complete Accounting errands when needed.
The Minimum Requirements to apply are:
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, Christ-centered behavior (treating people with dignity, respect, compassion, and integrity at all times), church membership and signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current knowledge and experience of Great Plains (Microsoft Dynamics), eRequester and GL Codes are strongly preferred but not required.
- Detail oriented, Organized, Self-motivated, flexible with the ability to work as a team.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and confidentiality is necessary.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Internet Explorer) with basic typing skills (40 wpm).
- Maintain an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
Position is primarily first shift, however may require work beyond the normal hours and on weekends/holidays, as typical operations runs 24×7. The position requires work in a busy, open area office where the Accounts Payable Clerk will spend long hours sitting and using office and computer equipment which requires attention to detail and high levels of accuracy. This position may also require some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
To apply, please take the “APPLY HERE” link to our Online Application Portal:
All applicants must complete an application and a Statement of Faith. You may also obtain a hard copy of the application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application in person, via mail (attention Human Resources), the OCRM website or via fax 714-566-6461. This position is open until filled.