The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based organization to assist the homeless and underserved of Orange County, California. The Rescue Mission is looking to hire several professional part-time (less than 30 hours) seasonal staff of Accounting Clerks with the possibility of day/evening flexible schedules to assist us during our busiest time of the year. These positions are responsible for administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate processing of donations and the mail for the accounting department.
Job Duties (more may be assigned):
- Processes mail (including sorting, coding, and batching) as needed.
- Enter donations into accounting database.
- Process credit card donations and EFT donations.
- Help AR Coordinator with donor receipts.
- Maintains a clean, safe and unobstructed workspace.
- Assists with accounting special projects, as necessary.
- A personal relationship with Jesus and signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- A. Degree in Business/Accounting/Finance OR combination of H.S. diploma and minimum of 6 months working experience to make equivalent.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), organization and administrative skills.
- Experience with database entry, reporting and maintenance, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs at a highly proficient level.
- Ability to operate 10-key adding machine by touch.
- Knowledge of MS Office Programs (Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel)
- Be self motivated, dependable and have a good attitude with coworkers and students.
- Acceptable Driving Record
- Ability to lift occasional boxes of supplies and materials.
- Flexibility in working hours depending on office needs.
All applicants must complete an application and a Statement of Faith to be officially considered. To apply online, please find the “apply here” link at the bottom of each job information page. You may also obtain an application in person at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782 or by requesting one to be emailed to you. To submit an application other than online, please drop it off with the front desk, via mail or by fax 714-566-6461. This position is open until filled.