The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based organization to assist the homeless and needy of Orange County, California. The Rescue Mission is looking to fill the full time vacancy for an Accounts Receivable Supervisor at our main office in Tustin, California. This position will provide financial, clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of donations and receipts through Salesforce Donor Management System.
- Managing Student workers and/or Seasonal Employees when necessary.
- Maintain department schedule including staff, students and volunteers
- Sign off on Student Timesheets and passes
- Report student hours to Volunteer Coordinator monthly
- Monitor staff and students for accuracy and productivity
- Run and print credit cards reports for Netbanx
- Run and print credit cards reports for Stripe- mail
- Run and print credit cards reports for Stripe- web
- Run reports for expired credit cards
- Run reports and execute month end AR reconciliations -including credit cards and Gift In Kind
- Reconcile EFT’s processed through F&M bank with month end bank statement
- Ensure a timely month end close
- Maintain matching grants
- Merge duplicate contacts/accounts in Salesforce
- Oversee students and staff sorting and distributing all incoming mail daily.
- Manage staff/student processing donation mail (including sorting, coding, and batching) on a daily basis.
- Oversee the staff and process of entering daily credit card and recurring credit card donations into the credit card system and into the donor data base and contacting the donor when necessary for updates.
- Ensure EFT’s processed through F&M Bank are accurately entered in the donor data base.
- Review and approve day-end, batch total, and batch detail reports for mail completed.
- Oversee the preparation, printing and mailing of receipts for all donations on a regular basis.
- Manage and maintain accurate donor information in database on an on-going basis.
- Create and produce reports from the donor database.
- Deposit checks into bank using remote deposit.
- Manage the postal accounts for the business reply and the bulk mail. Take receipts to the post office when ready to bulk mail.
- Run Month End reports and complete a monthly checklist to assist with month end close.
- Train and oversee the students, volunteers and seasonal staff assigned to assist in the accounting department.
- Communicate with donors on questions regarding donations.
- Works on special projects as needed.
This position requires:
- A personal relationship with Jesus, Christ-centered behavior (treating people with dignity, respect, compassion, and integrity at all times), church membership and signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- Associates degree in Business (Accounting preferred) with a minimum of 1 year supervising Account Receivable staff. A consideration will be made for more related work experience in lieu of the education requirement.
- Experience with database entry, reporting and maintenance, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs at a highly proficient level.
- Knowledge and Experience in either Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plains software and/or Salesforce Donor Management System is strongly preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of basic four-function math, fractions and decimals with the ability to operate 10-key adding machine by touch.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information.
- Ability to manage projects effectively with efficiency and achieving focused results.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- A pleasant professional personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- Self-motivated, flexible with the ability to work as a team.
- Ability to adapt effectively to a changing workforce and efficiently train staff on routine and new procedures
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) organizational and administrative skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer) with basic typing skills (40 wpm).
- Maintain an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
- Provide and use his/her personal vehicle for job-related travel and ensure that it has valid insurance that meets at least the State of California’s minimum basic requirements.
All applicants must complete an application and a Statement of Faith. To apply, please follow the link “Apply Here” to go to our online employment portal. You may also obtain a hard copy of the application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application in person, via mail (attention Human Resources), the OCRM website or via fax 714-566-6461. This position is open until filled.