The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based organization to assist the homeless and needy of Orange County, California. The Rescue Mission is looking to fill an upcoming full time vacancy of Accounts Payable Specialist at our main office located in Tustin, CA. This position is responsible for providing all accounts payable duties for multiple entities and supporting the Controller and CFO in special projects.
Some of the Job Duties are:
- Ensures that all incoming invoices have the proper back-up paperwork and required approvals
- Accurately enter invoices into our Microsoft Dynamics GP each week
- Review purchase orders in E-requester and post to Dynamics GP
- Cut checks each week, assuring timely payments are made to our vendors
- Process one-off urgent check requests for payroll and vendors as needed
- Maintains Accounts Payable check controls and upload positive pay files
- -Reconcile the AP Sub ledger to the GL each month and verify it balances
- Enter bank transactions each week, including bank deposits and ACH payments
- Serve as back-up to support to other Accounting staff as needed.
- Prepare 1099’s each year and maintain W-9’s for each vendor.
- Assists with accounting special projects, as necessary.
This position requires:
- A personal relationship with Jesus, a signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith and a completed Rescue Mission employment application.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) with a minimum of 2 years of Accounts Payable experience in a fast paced multiple entity organization. Experience with Great Plains or Microsoft Dynamics software is preferred. An equivalency can be requested for the education requirement with more related work experience /or training, please ask for details if needed.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information for multiple entities.
- Experience with database entry, reporting and maintenance, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs at a highly proficient level.
- Proficient in 10 key adding machine touch and most Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer) with basic typing skills (40 wpm). Great Plains Software experience is preferred.
- Ability to manage projects effectively with efficiency and achieving focused results.
- A pleasant professional personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- Self-motivated, flexible with the ability to work as a team to consistently meet all deadlines.
- Effective communication (verbal and written) and strong organizational skills.
- Maintain an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
To officially apply, please complete the required Employment Application with Statement of Faith. You may also download the PDF version of our application from our website and submit via email or fax to apply. Our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782 will have hard copy applications if you do not have computer access. Submitting an application may be done in person, via mail (attention Human Resources) to the above listed address, via fax 714-566-6461 or email. Salary is contingent upon experience as needed for the position and a full benefits package will be offered at hire. This position is open until filled.