The HURTT Family Health Clinic is a nonprofit health clinic that serves the needs of low-income families of Orange County, California. The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is looking for an experienced Administrative Assistant to support our busy Quality and Compliance department. This Administrative Assistant position will provide administrative support to the Quality and Compliance Manager and the Hurtt Family Health Clinic (HFHC) Support Team. Marketing, credentialing and privileging, meeting support, scheduling, and documentation creation, editing, organization, and storage will be the main focus of support for this position.
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Provide Administrative Support to the Quality and Compliance Manager and HFHC Support Team.
- Maintain HFHC’s website and social media presence.
- Assemble information for and format The Weekly Huddle.
- Coordinate and manage correspondence for volunteer, externship, and preceptorship programs
- Check and disperse emails from the email@example.com mailbox to appropriate individuals for response.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Maintain calendar for clinic registrations and licensures and assist in renewals.
- Edit and format information for training, processes, procedures, and communication.
- Maintain and report Gift In Kind (GIK) hours for volunteers.
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records and reports.
- Maintain the HFHC online document library.
- Assist with new employee HFHC training.
- Support Risk Management and QA/QI committees.
- Compile, transcribe and distribute the Risk Management and QA/QI meeting minutes.
- Oversee Incident Report tracking.
- Schedule Risk Management audits, drills, and training.
- Assist in Credentialing and privileging process (initial and re-credentialing) such as annual physicals for credentialing provider and mid-level providers.
- Provide superior customer service by maintaining the highest standards of professionalism when interacting with fellow team members, management, vendors, and patients at all times in person, on the phone or via email.
- Operate office machinery (i.e., computer, copy machine, fax machine).
- Schedule conference calls and online meetings.
- Support Compliance with tracking CME and other courses.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration or Business Operations. (An education equivalency may be considered with a combination of an Associate’s Degree or High School diploma along with 5+ years in a healthcare/business compliance support position).
- Minimum of 3 years providing a high level of administrative compliance support in related industries business or healthcare industry.
- Ability to provide administrative and clerical duties such as word processing, managing files & records, designing forms and office procedures & terminology.
- Excellent communication abilities in written, digital and verbal form. Knowledge and ability to accurately write and with correct structure and content, accurate spelling, rules of composition and grammar, proofreading and letter writing in detail.
- Bilingual Spanish communication ability is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service with the basic business principles and processes
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Outlook software knowledge is essential in communication and calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings.
- Ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Ability to provide and maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Detail oriented and organization and time management skills are essential.
- Proactive with the ability to analyze and solve problems
- Basic Typing ability 40 wpm, proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Explorer) and other medical-related software systems. Outlook software knowledge is essential in communication and calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the homeless. To officially apply for this position, please visit our online Employment Portal “Apply Here”. This link will take you directly to the required employment application for each job. Hard copy applications are available for download on our main employment page or available to pick up our main HR office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. Submit hard copy applications to our main HR office at the front desk, or by mail (attention Human Resources), or by email / fax (714) 566-6461. Compensation is based off of experience and specific needs of the HFHC organization and a full benefits package will be available at hire. This position is open until filled.